Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Interesting rifle and scope.

I know Weaver was a lot like Marlin when it came to using up salable goods.
    Those look like Marksman caps on the turrets.
    Love the blued steel tubes a lot. It's too bad Weaver dropped those~ much better looking on classic guns to my eye.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

that scope is not correct, and will be replaced with the correct No 32,

I have a handful of older weavers and redfield's for whatever reason,
    have one on a sled mount for an AR,

however my favorites are the Unertl's and Lyman's

Only thing new for me was a Blue Sky import Garand. Nice generic rifle, rebuilt a few times, last one was with a Winchester barrel. Gonna take it to the gun show this weekend to sell it off. A friend needed some money so I helped him out.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

My new Swiss rifle. This is a K11 which is a short version. I went to milsurps and learned a little about them. The fore end was a light blond so I went overboard with red dye but it finally balanced out.

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00175.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-08-2023 at 07:04.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Nice tiger on that stock.

Blog Entries

PXL_20230502_220433452.MP.jpg

PXL_20230502_221033351.jpg

English, that went to Singapore, got a rebuilt, then to Canada, and then the US,
    sat in a guys house not 15 minutes from me for 40 yrs,

he decided to unload it and I picked it up for a very fair price,

I just noticed the weirdo hammer in pic #1. I want to clarify; I didn't make that. I fouond it at a rummage sale and it was so weird I had to have it.
    DSC00235.jpg

The tiger striping is what inspired me to buy the K11. I look for decent metal and the wood I can fix up.
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-08-2023 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I just noticed the weirdo hammer in pic #1. I want to clarify; I didn't make that. I fouond it at a rummage sale and it was so weird I had to have it.
    Someone got tired of breaking hammer handles. I thought of doing similar with shovels and rakes by welding a steel water pipe on in place of the wood handle.

The guy inadvertently made something interesting. The "handle" has some spring to it. Another thing that I should consider doing, but won't. I swear in a couple of years I'm going to see it and say, yup, that was my idea.
    Your late on the water pipe...I've seen it and used it. The metal is way slicker than wood and it adds a little weight. It just doesn't feel right. It sucks but in a pinch...
    It was my idea to pay for groceries with a charge card. 1973 I got my first one. I bought things with it(but in fifty yrs. I've never had a balance), but you still had to stand in line at the grocery and waited for the guy in front to count out the bills and coins and God forbid, the old lady who slowly wrote out a check.
    A couple of years ago I saw the last Old Lady pay for her groceries with a check. I should have gotten a picture.
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-08-2023 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    The guy inadvertently made something interesting. The "handle" has some spring to it. Another thing that I should consider doing, but won't. I swear in a couple of years I'm going to see it and say, yup, that was my idea.
    Your late on the water pipe...I've seen it and used it. The metal is way slicker than wood and it adds a little weight. It just doesn't feel right. It sucks but in a pinch...
    It was my idea to pay for groceries with a charge card. 1973 I got my first one. I bought things with it(but in fifty yrs. I've never had a balance), but you still had to stand in line at the grocery and waited for the guy in front to count out the bills and coins and God forbid, the old lady who slowly wrote out a check.
    A couple of years ago I saw the last Old Lady pay for her groceries with a check. I should have gotten a picture.
    I like to get behind someone who is buying grocery's for their whole neighborhood and wants 7 different totals, each of which are paid separate and differently.