Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Latest acquisitions thread

What have you bought recently? New gun - knife - car - cool tennies? This is the thread for bragging about it! SW

I collect Puma knives. The place to find scarce models is eGun dot de. I don' speak German, but my close friend in Budapest does, and he bids for me there. In exchange, I order reloading supplies and gun parts for him, It works out well for both of us.

Most recently, he scored these 2 for me. First is a Puma pocket hunting knife with stag scales. Now I need a cheap bottle of wine to try the corkscrew!
    IMG_0193 (2).JPG

Next was a Puma "Capri" boating/diving knife with leg scabbard. Polymer handle. This has the White Hunter style blade like the auto and pilot's knife.
    IMG_0196 (2).JPG

3. Default

Awesome! I love the White Hunter style blade.
    So much so I had a Damascus well, pattern welded at least, one made for me.
    He did a good job working from just a handful of images.
    DSCF1134.jpg

I love it! SW

Definitely a big game knife.
    I likes the work done on the patterned version.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Latest acquisition is a virtually new Interarms era Walther PPK/S. Have never had such a small pistol. Bought it b/c it was pretty to me, and b/c it gives me a useful pocket pistol that I can carry when out and about, in the office or whatever. Shoots everything I've loaded in the magazine. Remington FMJ's have been less than impressive. Winchester FMJ's are noticeably better. Best of all is Fiocchi FMJ. Noticeably more bang and best accuracy of all types fired. Have not made up my mind about FMJ or JHP ammo. My opinion is that penetration will be most important. Consider that no round will do much if not well placed. That PPK/S hits like pointing my finger out to 7-10 yds w/ one hand. Same results at 15 yds. w/ two hands. Will need to pick up a second magazine ... and ammo! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Last one I bought was a Glock 43x. Never been much of a Glock fan, but I kind of liked this little 10 shot 9mm. Already have a Glock 17.
    With the new anti-gun law they're trying to pass, the wait for the background check took two months being so backed up. I have two AR lowers
    on Order and hope to get them before the State passes the new laws.

Blog Entries

latest edition for personal stuff was a No 32 Mk 3 scope,

I have 2 T's one has a repro mount and scope, the other a righteous mount, but sports a weaver,

gonna make one mostly correct (numbers won't match)

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    latest edition for personal stuff was a No 32 Mk 3 scope,

I have 2 T's one has a repro mount and scope, the other a righteous mount, but sports a weaver,

gonna make one mostly correct (numbers won't match)
    Interesting! Got a pic of these?

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries