Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Latest acquisitions thread

I can really see depth of field there. Super detail on the beak and feathers closest to you... same for the pebbles. I like the pic! SW

My beautiful neighbors husband (before he died) was a roving photographer who submitted a few shots to the newspaper. She gave me his old M-42 lenses to try out. 'radioactive' and very yellow. I bought an adapter, tried them out, and then gave them back. I wasn't afraid of the neutrons but like most of the old time lenses I tried, they sucked. Well, they were pretty old.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

The risk from thoriated glass is almost nil~ certainly a lot less than the old radium wrist-watch dials that were in vogue at one time.
    The first variant SMC Takumar 55 mm lens that was on that camera was nice enough, but no where in the league of the nikkor H 50mm f2 from the same time period. Since I'm rather highly invested in the nikon F mount system, there isn't much sense in going the m-42, or glassed adapter route- I'm totally fine with what I'm doing so far. The big f/f sensor of the D-810 sure seperates the wheat from the chaff when it comes to glass. Some of the 3rd party glass is surprisingly good, and most of it is pretty mediocre.

I really should do a list of favorite lenses, maybe graded on Image Quality, which may be of some interest here.
    Temperature is breaking 35 F here today. I should get on the bike with camera bag and see what I can come up with before it's too dark.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Early Christmas present to myself. Auto Ordnance 1927A1.
    20231205_200915.jpg
    Last edited by Tenboremag; 12-06-2023 at 11:17.

Sweet!! Going to break a piggy bank and score a drum mag? SW

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragoons View Post
    Sweet!! Going to break a piggy bank and score a drum mag? SW
    Have one 50 round drum coming next Monday. And some 30 round stick mags. And yes, they will break the bank!

Interesting, and steep! Let us know how it shoots!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Many years ago I got to shoot a 1928A1, It was the first F/A I shot. I remember that joker being very heavy and no muzzle rise when firing.

Congrats on your purchase. I didn't know these were still made and available.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Many years ago I got to shoot a 1928A1, It was the first F/A I shot. I remember that joker being very heavy and no muzzle rise when firing.

Congrats on your purchase. I didn't know these were still made and available.
    It is very heavy at about 13lbs unloaded. The full autos are a little lighter with the short barrel, but not by much. I may turn this into an SBR down the road. I purchased this with the shortest barrel available at 14.5 inches. With the fixed compensator, it is a legal 16.5 inches.
    Last edited by Tenboremag; 12-07-2023 at 07:36.

Happy Christmas to me! My Hungarian friend came through again bidding on a German auction site for this DDR RR medal. When it and the west German RR medals arrive, I'll have enough stuff to fill another shadow box with RR memorabilia. SW
    picm2.jpg