Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Nikkor 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 here.
    Crop from about 50mm and the macro lug engaged. Wide open.
    The zone of focus when being used in this mode is incredibly shallow. A tripod and focusing rail would make images like this much better and easier to take. Still, given enough light, I try.

Same lens at 105mm and f5.6. ISO 64.

More to follow...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Extremely good detail on the sparrow!! SW

Great. Still have my old Pentax 35mm. Hung it up like most others when the digitals came about.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Great. Still have my old Pentax 35mm. Hung it up like most others when the digitals came about.
    K1000?
    I went with a *ist D once I found out the lenses would interchange. I still have it even though my point & shoot is usually more 'at hand'. My son is one of the phone cam crowd but still does pretty nice when he takes the time to compose and crop.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 04-12-2023 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The K-mount lenses are still popular.
    There's quite a few on mflenses that use them on various Sony and Fuji digital cameras by using a mount adapter.
    For me , the Nikon F mount is still king, and the nikon f mount lenses work extremely well on the Nikon D-810.
    Apparently, the last (?) Nikon DSLR is the D-6. All the new ones to follow will be mirrorless...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 04-12-2023 at 11:24.

i mostly shoot PJ work but im trying to get more commercial work with some fashion/beauty.

this one at least is 'gun' related. sort of

XO0A6351.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

XO0A6295.jpg
    Last edited by Ltdave; 04-12-2023 at 11:34.

7. Default

many years ago...
    Janie_original.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Getting use to the forum's image handling software is going to take me awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    K1000?
    I went with a *ist D once I found out the lenses would interchange. I still have it even though my point & shoot is usually more 'at hand'. My son is one of the phone cam crowd but still does pretty nice when he takes the time to compose and crop.
    No, a Spotmatic ll. I always wanted a Spotmatic. By the time I was able to buy one they had been replaced with the Spotmatic ll. Big mistake. A great camera but they take a specialized flash that incorporates the amount of light given off based upon conditions. The camera has a photo eye or sensor on it that sends the info to the flash. Most of my pic's were taken outside so no real big deal there, however, me and a flash suited for that particular camera never came about. They quit making the camera and the specialized flash units.

I think the K1000 WAS the one that replaced it.
    Last edited by Allen; 04-12-2023 at 11:48.

9. Default

I'll drool over nice gear same as the next guy but I tell anyone who'll listen that the main thing is to be taking pics.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 04-12-2023 at 12:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    The K-mount lenses are still popular.
    There's quite a few on mflenses that use them on various Sony and Fuji digital cameras by using a mount adapter.
    For me , the Nikon F mount is still king, and the nikon f mount lenses work extremely well on the Nikon D-810.
    Apparently, the last (?) Nikon DSLR is the D-6. All the new ones to follow will be mirrorless...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Due to my age (69), health, and other factors, I don't get around much anymore and lost most interest in photo's.

I now use a small digital Lumix with a Leica lens. The lens is fixed and not removable. It is my go-to camera because it is so easy to operate. I also have a digital Nikon D-3200 with a telephone lens. I got my wife a digital Cannon 50D (I think) but she has only used it once.

Since the invent of the camera phones I see this art disappearing. Some of the newer camera phones are really good and you don't have to carry a bulky camera bag around with you.

Not saying these beat a SLR 35mm nor have I ever said that CD's and tapes are better than vinyl records but as times change I have changed some too.