Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

That looks like what we have here after it snowed all night! SW

Pic from an electronics store in Moscow ca. 1980s. As well as I know, exchange rate for Rubles to dollars was about 30 to 1 at the time.
    Lens brands shown are (in no particular order) Jupiter, World, Telear, Kalenar and Zenitar. SW
    pic9.jpg

Dale Hawerchuk statue at the N.E. entrance to True North Square. Taken with the 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 Nikkor at f5.6, and 28mm IIRC.
    This was actually one of the last manual focus zooms that nikon produced, and a good performer at the wide to normal focal lengths.
    A bit soft wide open at the 85mm end, it wants f5.6 or f8 to settle down.

As an architectural lens, not too shabby at the 28mm end again. This shot from the west entrance to the same location and f8.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 01-20-2024 at 12:31.

4. Default

WE got a 2 day total of about 3~ 4" here in the Flatlands of Md.
    2 day total.jpg

Some knife shots. I was experimenting with the bounce off a single SB-22 flash, and low ISO of 64.

Daily pocket knife. Chinese Gerber with about a 2 1/2" blade. The steel and edge are definitely not the equal of the older U.S. made knives. I use a pocket sharpener to keep it good enough to effortlessly cut 20 lb. braid fishing line. It does not hold an edge that well, and requires sharpening after use over a hardwood cutting board.

At f4 here and ISO 64. The 20+ year old flash still works the way it should.

Columbia River Knife and Tool M-16 with the matte finish stainless blade. Another Chinese made knife with sort of a "Meh" edge. I still haven't used or sharpened it yet. It resides in the day camera bag incase of need. Shot and exposed as above.

Leatherman "Sidekick" multi-tool. The knife blade on it is surgically sharp, like the old Gerber Gator I had with non-serrated edge. That one I miss when I'm field dressing game. The blade shown sliced a slightly over-ripe tomato once, and I haven't used it since. Tool is actually sort of handy, and gets used quite a bit for the pliers and screw driving functions. Pliers jaws are a bit on the soft side.

Shot and exposed as above.

Just as a control subject for this series, Nikkor O.C. 35mm f2 shot at f5.6 and ISO 200.

All were taken with the 50mm f1.4 A/I-s Nikkor manual focus lens on the D-810 camera.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Default Gear Pile

A bit reduced from the last time I did this.

Still not all of it. None of the film folder cameras are here... I only allowed myself an hour to set this frame up. Also missing are the various and sundry 3rd party lenses and flashes in the deep closet, and scattered around here in various buried locations in boxes of clothing etc.

So, just how does one get a photo of all their gear anyways?

It actually worked fairly well. That little point and shoot auto everything camera can be tamed a bit for use as illustrated. I also finally found out how to increase the image quality on this camera, after owning it for I don't know how long. It's been a while anyways.
    The SB-22 will fire reliably from the optical slave provided the camera is far back enough from the subject.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 02-16-2024 at 01:50.

7. Default

I borrow the Mrs Point & shoot Canon!

I *think* the last time I did this there were something like 9 SLR bodies not counting digital, and over 50 lenses- which was all a bit much for this tiny apartment we call home.

It all got thinned down through four trips to KEH camera- at a considerable loss. Probably around 40% of the paid value was lost, which was a lot better than expected.

I think I have it down to where I can mange most of it in my head, and almost know where everything is.

Still love gear and looking at it though.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail