Default Italian Bodeo service revolvers

Here's an assortment you don't see every day! Those with trigger guard are most often called the officer's model while folding triggers are believed to be for other ranks. I can't say for certain, but I'll go with that for easy reference.
    IMG_0240 (2).JPG

This is an early hammer block safety design. It works via a cam on the hammer, and as you might expect, it doesn't take a lot of wear to make it useless.
    IMG_0241 (2).jpg

This Bodeo is marked for finance guard. In practice, it was used by bank guards, couriers and on occasion stuffed in a drawer for handy teller use. Notice it's parkerized. That's legit. Certain Italian armes were pulled from storage in the 50s and parkerized to provide "a crust of bread" (work) for unemployed vets. You'll also see parked M91TS, but I'm getting off topic with that.
    IMG_0242.JPG

This break open revolver was made in Spain during the dark days of WW1 when so much Italian kit was lost in mountains above the Isonzo. It's by Obreros Hermanos and quite robust. Also in 10.35 caliber and so marked on the top rib. Thousands of Bodeos were also made in Spain by what was actually cottage industry. All in my modest assortment are very well made and good shooters. SW
    IMG_0244 (2).JPG

Default Early Officers Bodeo revolver

Photos show an example of an early "Officer model" Bodeo revolver. these do not have a
    serial number, only an assembly number. this is in excellent codition with a exc bore too.

My father gotp1010012_0013.jpgp1010020_0020.jpgp1010015_0016.jpgDSCN2418.jpg this revolver as a gift from a WW2 US Army veteran who was in Italy.