Thread: Swords

Default Swords

I thought about putting this in the knives/bajonets forum - it might go better here. Moderizers can move it if needed.

First is a Swiss artillery officer's sword. It's from the interwar years and in excellent shape for being that old. Not a stitch out of place in the leather scabbard or frog! It's from one of the lesscommon sword makers in Solingen but still a high quality blade.
    IMG_0224 (2).JPG

IMG_0225 (2).jpg

IMG_0226 (2).JPG

Beside it on the rack were a few more. Bottom is a Puma, albeit a rather plain one. I'll describe the lion head sword in a separate post. SW
    IMG_0233 (2).jpg

The lion head sword merits further description. I believe it to be an officer's sword due to the expensive appointments and custom etching.
    IMG_0237 (2).JPG

Graphics from the etch - "mit Gott, Kaiser und Reich". No doubt from the imperial years.
    IMG_0234 (2).JPG

Side view of the handle. Notice the detailed guard and lion with both jaws. About all that's missing is red glass eyes. People will tell you they're ruby, but that's only found on swords with silver plating, triple etch and "blue panels".
    IMG_0235.JPG

Opposite side showing nice, tight wire wrap.
    IMG_0236 (2).JPG