Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Default Accurized Springfield 840 .30-30 rifle

Anyone who has ever shot a Savage 340/Stevens 325/Springfield 840 rifle of any caliber knows that they aren't exactly target-grade guns. While they can be accurate, they suffer from an inherent design flaw that makes this an iffy proposition.

The fact that they only have one receiver screw, no rear tang support, and a barrel band is the reason. Solving those issues has been an ongoing quest for decades.

While I won't go into verbally walking through my procedure, I will post some pictures of that process. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll clarify.

DCP_1088-2.jpgDCP_1007.JPGDCP_1080-2.jpgDCP_1081-2.jpgDCP_1083-2.jpg

Continued.......
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

DCP_1091-2.jpg

Here is the rifle and the result of my work. The four hits in the bull are three rounds from one magazine and a round from a other to check repeatability.

IMG_0109-2.jpgIMG_0113-2.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

Outstanding! Your bedding doubtless is a vast improvement over the more than casual original stocking from the factory. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

4. Default

Had a 340V/.225W. Accurate but someone had buggered the trigger, no parts available. It was unsafe.
    Leave the trigger alone.

I got one of these recently vey cheap as they generally are not wanted out here on the west coast. "Not enough gun" is usually said about these. Everybody and their uncle out here wants the latest wiz-bang whatever for deer that really only approach the same size as an eastern whitetail. They are interesting rifles mechanically for sure.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!