Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 1911 mismatch help with value

Have this beautiful 1940 1911a1 slide with g marked barrel in a WW 1 frame, a friend is wanting to buy it but have no idea of value, I know an early slide in this condition is hard to find, it does have serial number behind firing pin lock
    Thank you6D90CE19-9CCB-4643-820B-F322D0FFF1DD.jpgC6C5F86D-9248-4AEA-9F9B-D31770AB1529.jpg

The problem with the serial numbered slide is that whatever it is on will always be a mis-match. Can't tell from the tiny pictures if the slide is still in original blue finish, but if nice original blue $1500, half that if it has been through rebuild and phosphate finish.

3. Default

Thank you for your help slide is still in original blue finish

Blog Entries

when I enlarge the pics, all I can tell is the frame looks like it is going brown, in spots, but the controls are nicely blued,

can you post up some more detailed pics?

any rebuild marks?
    proofs?

Blog Entries

I think Johnny P's first number is accurate,

6. Default

Thank you

Shipment in the October 1918 time frame. Only a Colt historical letter will tell for sure.

Short 1911A1 milled trigger, and can't tell for sure, but look like full checkered 1911A1 stocks.

8. Default

Pretty sure the grips are original full checkered, they show age which is hard to fake, was curious about the wide spur hammer, were any used in 1940?

- - - Updated - - -

The price y’all gave, would that be for the slide or complete pistol
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Complete