Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Misc. pics thread

Hybrid View

i mostly shoot sports and some PJ stuff anymore but im trying to get more commercial work for fashion/beauty

this one at least has a gun in the picture. sort of...

XO0A6351.jpg

and theres this one

XO0A6295.jpg

from a Hollywood themed shoot i did recently

B70A0104-2.jpg

B70A0140-2.jpg

B70A0152-2.jpg

The bull should be thankful it's not coming out the other end.

"...it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, that 2 wheel bike!..." (Little Honda by Beach Boys)
    pic1.jpg

"Ha! Early birds get worms - early possums clean out the bird feeder!"
    pic2 (2).jpg

This truck's name is 'Bite Me, Greta!'
    pic3.jpg

"I don't care about the sports section - just hand me out the funnies!"
    pic4.jpg

"You're cheating! I'm not sure how, but you are!"
    pic5 (2).jpg

#4. A life I never had to live. Once very common place. I pity those who had to endure.

It wasn't as bad as all that... except during snow storms. I attended country school in the 50s, and it seemed like we hit the big time when the school got indoor plumbing in '57. SW

We often heard that people kept Sears catalogs in the outhouse to use as toilet paper. I recently read where instead the pages were ripped out and lit, then held underneath the edge of the "hole" to chase spiders away. Maybe it was used for both?

My Mother always lived here in the deep South and complained about how cold it was during cold weather and how bad it was having to go out at night.

Blog Entries

grand parents owned a house that still had the outhouse (torn down after grandpa died, when grandma moved back in it,
    it had pluming (kitchen and bathroom) added back in the 40's or so,

the farmhouse they were living in (a couple miles away) was renovated in the 20's to add a kitchen and a bathroom,

no heat, other that wood (1, in the living roon) and oil (2, in in the master bedroom, another in the bathroom) stoves, and none of those were upstairs , so if you had to go, you crawled out from under 2-5 quilts, used the honey pot, and got back in your warm spot,

as a kid, in the summer, if you had to wee, you stepped out the big window or door on the backside of the house and wee'd on the roof, or used a jar

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    grand parents owned a house that still had the outhouse (torn down after grandpa died, when grandma moved back in it,
    it had pluming (kitchen and bathroom) added back in the 40's or so,

the farmhouse they were living in (a couple miles away) was renovated in the 20's to add a kitchen and a bathroom,

no heat, other that wood (1, in the living roon) and oil (2, in in the master bedroom, another in the bathroom) stoves, and none of those were upstairs , so if you had to go, you crawled out from under 2-5 quilts, used the honey pot, and got back in your warm spot,

as a kid, in the summer, if you had to wee, you stepped out the big window or door on the backside of the house and wee'd on the roof, or used a jar
    Plumbing in an outhouse wouldn't be a bad thing and a lot of the "old timers" preferred they were detached from the main house.

Being a boy and a kid I remember peeing off the back porch a lot. Didn't have to--just wanted to.

Rumor has it that during the civil war, when the South was being overrun by the Union soldiers they would throw all their valuables down the hole in the outhouses knowing no one would look for things there. I've heard of more than one person who has dug up sterling silver platters and other stuff that was never reclaimed.

I knew a guy who searched for stuff. He had a belt of .50 that he found in Pattens tank training in AZ. It was pretty rusty. He also knew to look for a depression in the dirt around old ranches. That would be where they fillied in the outhouse. He had a collection of "punkin seed" bottles (kind of flat) that he found in one. It takes some digging. He came to every gun show with a very versified collection of bullets. He was a crabby old guy and if you mentioned you could find it on line, he told you to go on line and that was the end of the discussion.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.