Wanted to familiarize myself with posting here and this forum hasn't been updated in a while so....

In December 2022, I found out a local safecracker/locksmith was going out of business and selling everything. I with with a buddy and his SUV to see if I could find a small safe that was within my budget and not kill our backs. I was originally going to get some small vaults and Safe Deposit Box drawers, but then the owner pointed out an old military safe. After verifying the combination and giving everything a once-over, he sold it to me. It was at a price I could live with, and two guys could move it relatively easy; which was great because we were able to get it into my basement without too much problems.

Doing some research, it turns out to be a U.S. Army Quartermaster Corps Field safe/strong box. A veteran told me that these were still in use as late as the 1980s for storing pistols while on maneuvers in the field for training. IMA-USA had one at some point, I think this one might be older than that one though.

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/ori...nt=26172802693

So here are the pictures!

The safe installed on a shelf in the gun room. Note that this is actually the TOP of the safe, its actually being stored on its side
IMG_2124.jpg

The dial goes to 100 and is also removable
IMG_2125.jpg

I'm presuming this is the serial number for the unit, it also doubles as the latch to open the safe door
IMG_2126.jpg

It also has an additional hasp riveted on for extra security
IMG_2127.jpg

Either side has carry handles, these are pretty substantial
IMG_2128.jpg