Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    I can find many references to it. Sounds like Gunboards did the right thing.
    that would not be correct,

Verticle Scope had it set up as privileged access only, and there were quite a few members that contributed in the normal section ,

it was a bit of a gloves off place at first, but then mellowed to just a damn nice place to hang out,

not everyone was in the same camp, politically or otherwise, and when dust ups happened, the mod(s) took care of it,

some got booted from the site and the minefield (oneshot) for reasons,

others like myself, stayed and made lifelong contacts,

we knew each other, conversed off site, mailed packages amongst each other etc,

then a mod (all mods have access) that is full of drama and quite liberal, petitioned VS to kill it after he got called a name,

he won, and that mod is still there, managed to ban a lot of the talent on that site (minefielder or not)

even the previous owner and founder is on record saying VS screwed up the site,,,,

Blog Entries

FWIW, at the request of 5thDragoons, the yesterdays weapons section is no longer password protected,

and congrats to 5th, he is now a moderator

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Atta boy, 5th!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    that would not be correct,

Verticle Scope had it set up as privileged access only, and there were quite a few members that contributed in the normal section ,

it was a bit of a gloves off place at first, but then mellowed to just a damn nice place to hang out,

not everyone was in the same camp, politically or otherwise, and when dust ups happened, the mod(s) took care of it,

some got booted from the site and the minefield (oneshot) for reasons,

others like myself, stayed and made lifelong contacts,

we knew each other, conversed off site, mailed packages amongst each other etc,

then a mod (all mods have access) that is full of drama and quite liberal, petitioned VS to kill it after he got called a name,

he won, and that mod is still there, managed to ban a lot of the talent on that site (minefielder or not)

even the previous owner and founder is on record saying VS screwed up the site,,,,
    The Gunboards Minefield went from a lively, fun place to hang out and chat, to a restrictive, entitled-only slog. VS and their cronies made it a living hell by restricting speech and trolling members. What's worse, one Mod, who we thought was "one of us" turned out to be a VS puppet.
    Last edited by mtnboomer; 04-09-2023 at 08:49.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    FWIW, at the request of 5thDragoons, the yesterdays weapons section is no longer password protected,

and congrats to 5th, he is now a moderator
    That's odd I just tried visiting there & its still requiring a password?

Gunboards didn't do the "Right thing"...

It was a private section with loose rules that the public couldn't see. But, the new Canadian owners (overlords) got pissy because some post offended or they thought would offend the general public, that couldn't see it in the first place..... Stupid Canuks...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep,

I've tried it also today and it's asking for a password. However, since we have a new minefield here now I'll probably not visit the YW forum. I am grateful that 5th gave us a home for the short time it lasted.

Blog Entries

I think I was a member of those sub-forums a long time ago, but admittedly I didn't use Gunboards very much. Most gun forums have been bought up and cleaned out I guess.

Have to ask, what exactly was offensive? Racist diatribes and disjointed political rants?

Blog Entries

I think I was a member of those sub-forums a long time ago, but admittedly I didn't use Gunboards very much. Most gun forums have been bought up and cleaned out I guess.

Have to ask, what exactly was offensive? Racist diatribes and disjointed political rants?
    no such thing, someone called the guy a commie,
    and even tho he was invited to join in the conversations, or threads, he declined,

I got a day suspension for questioning something, but that same mod said I was an asset to the boards and released me after a 1\2 day,
    with a rather firm discussion on never questioning a mod in public,

VS has a tremendous amount on inconsistencies in how they manage one board, and they bring in mods from other forums (some with little to experience in what the forum is about) to keep the new rules enforced, while allowing what is not allowed on other forums,

all in the name of clicks for advertisers, no a thought given on the actual content

Blog Entries

I think the same company killed the M14 forum as well (at least for me). Just seems to be their way of keeping clicks alive.

Blog Entries

I think the same company killed the M14 forum as well (at least for me). Just seems to be their way of keeping clicks alive.
    I think they also just bought Rimfire Central.