Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default new pages or forums and maybe new members

unless Pat nixes it,
    in the near future, as in a day or so from now, there will be a couple of new forums or pages,

a friend is an admin at Yesterday's Weapons, a forum about as old as this one, and an older format, that was kilt dead by microsoft,
    while they are fighting to get reinstated, (I do not know the particulars) I offered them a refuge here,
    so I will open a forum page for them, and at first it will be password protected if they want,

I will also create another section for both the YW members , and the left over 'survivors' for the Minefield, a subsection on Gunboards that was password protected ( I am a Minefielder , as were several members here) that will be password protected, and invites will be screen heavily,
    Vertical Scope, and a vindictive troll of a moderator made sure that section was eliminated, so we Minefielders found refuge on mewe, but some do not like the format,
    YW was gracious enough to give some Minefielders a refuge,

just wanted yall to know what was going on,

FWIW, Milsurps was gracious enough to support Jouster when in need, and this is just returning the favor

for now, I will not entertain , as in note , give out any passwords, to YW, (if you were a minefielder, you will be allowed, ) for that section,

just wanted to give yall a heads up

2. Default

yes, i enjoyed the Minefield, it was like a Club, fell victim to PCness and Wokeness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    yes, i enjoyed the Minefield, it was like a Club, fell victim to PCness and Wokeness.
    one mod got butthurt when someone called him a name,
    odd thing is VS went out of their way to keep it hidden, then kilt it due to moderators,,, and the left the Grumpy dude section after threatening to kill it,

consistently inconsistent,,,,

Blog Entries

Sounds good; reminds me of when CSP (Culiver's shooting Pages) ran into problems and Military Surplus Forums took them on to help out. Problem was once CSP was back up there seemed to be a problem getting a divorce from Mil Surps.

I don't know how active the 2nd A is, since I don't go there, but new forums will bring xisting followers and maybe pump some new blood into Jouster. Good on you Lyman.

More forums? Yikes there's fifteen or so now. I guess they do get a hit occasionally. But you can see the final post moldering after weeks of non participation. Which is OK.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

What's minefield forum?

Collecting milsurp mines?

Blog Entries

a refuge for those that were members of the minefield on Gunboards,
    if you were not a minefielder, and you were not, you will not get the password,

I gave the yesterdays weapons folks a password protected forum for now, but if they want, it will be made open,

as you likely know, once you feel at home on a forum, esp a pass word protected one, you get used to the freedom from the public,

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Man, I wish we could get Clyde over here.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain

Blog Entries

exactly trax,

but maybe not the way you think

Blog Entries

I can find many references to it. Sounds like Gunboards did the right thing.