Default Rock-Ola M14 #1616

Raining today so it's a great chance to play in the shop at getting things ready for the upcoming season. First off is Rock-Ola M14 #1616 that I finished putting together last year. USGI birch stock with added bolt thru cheek riser. Bolt is Winchester, op rod HRA, Winchester trigger group, Sadlak NM spring guide, barrel is a Genesco ILL heavy SS bead blasted in 1/11 that gauges as new. Rear sight is USGI. Muzzle break is an import AK style. Scope is Leupold MK4 3.5-10 FDE set on a Bassett mount with TPS med rings. Front has a Sadlak heavy duty rail and an ATLAS bipod. Sling is USGI style cotton web. Yep, another sub moa shooter for 10 rnd groups. Whatta Hobby!

1616 8.jpg1616 4.jpg1616 5.jpg1616.jpg1616 1.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-02-2023 at 04:23.

Beautiful work, and very novel manufacturer on the receiver. Well done Marine!

Steve

Thanks,
    Doesn't get boring around here with my different M14 related projects. Whatta Hobby!

Cool weather test. 38 deg with a 25-35 wind from 9 oclock . This was the best out of 6 targets, 10 rnds each at 100 yds. Max spread 1.5 moa, average about 1.0. Nice to be back shooting 30 cal again. Whatta Hobby!

1616 Target.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-02-2023 at 11:32.

Good shooting. You must have installed your NM selector and NM connecting rod.

I am still laughing about that one. I put quite a few that had NM laser printed on them, this was one. I guess it helps in targeting. Look closely at photo 5 for the NM connector. Whatta Hobby!
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-02-2023 at 05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    I am still laughing about that one. I put quite a few that had NM laser printed on them, this was one. I guess it helps in targeting. Look closely at photo 5 for the NM connector. Whatta Hobby!
    Ahhh, I see it now.

how do you like that Bassett mount? is that the one they guarantee wont come loose, if you install it correctly?

i used to have an A.R.M.S. #18 that i tried using on a fubar Entreprise Arms that was so far out of alignment it was laughable.

i know i sold the E.A. M14S (or whatever they called it) with full disclosure some years ago but i dont know if i included the scope mount, because i sure as heck cant find it anymore...

Ted Brown of The Shooters Den in Oregon built that rifle for me and that receiver and the company in SoCal, was what prompted him to never work on them again. so i had him screw in a barrel to a Fulton Armory lugged receiver i got from them when they were on sale one year...

Love the Bassett mounts. I have used a bunch of them and yes, they stay put when installed properly.
    I know exactly what you are saying about out of spec receivers. Always someone stopping by that can't get an ARMs mount to go on. Usually provide a Bassett or a Sadlak if they intend to keep the scope on the rifle. I have been using Bula Defense Systems XM21 receivers for builds when I intend for scope only. The rail is machined as part of the receiver and is absolutely the most stable optic mount available for an M14 type rifle. Whatta Hobby!

XM21 twins 2.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-04-2023 at 05:22.