Thread: U.s.m.c. 1907

Default U.s.m.c. 1907

According to article this was a USMC issue Model 1907 sling. Reported as being made for the Marine Corp. Differs in having two extra sets of adjustment holes, and keepers have a staple in addition to being sewn.

Would love to see more pictures of this sling. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Other than the extra adjustment holes and staples in the keepers it is identical to other Model 1907 slings. No markings that I can find. Is there anything in particular you would like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    According to article this was a USMC issue Model 1907 sling. Reported as being made for the Marine Corp. Differs in having two extra sets of adjustment holes, and keepers have a staple in addition to being sewn.

I also have one of these unfortunately not as good condition as yours. If I remember correctly they were made in a San Diego saddlery just a small amount. No indication for what use I can imagine possibly for the shooting team. No matter very difficult to find one wish there was more info on them

In the thread on the U.S.M.C. slings there were WWII group photos of Marines with the slings recognizable in the photos by the extra holes.

Will see if I can find it again.

I happened on this today by pure chance lots of photos and info this is were I first read about these slings and just so happened I bought a lot of 5 that were on eBay and there was one here?s the link

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=159868

Thanks for posting. What I had found was excerpts from that thread.

Thanks for reminding me

9. Default

I just found one of these slings in my box of trashed 1907 slings.