Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diagram for sling installation

Or instructions how to install trapdoor sling.

This is from the Trapdoor Collector site.

The following assumes you have the rifle in the following position:

Butt to left, muzzle to right, bolt or hammer up.

You should have a single sling with brass claw hook at one end, one brass button, and two leather keepers, one larger than the other.

(1) With claw end of sling to left, and finished side facing rifle, place both keepers on the sling, large to your left, small to your right, stitching should face rifle.

(2) Pass the claw end of the sling (finished side towards rifle) through the lower swivel from muzzle towards butt, then back around through large keeper. Leave plenty of slack!

(3) Pass the plain end of the sling (finished side towards rifle) through the upper swivel from butt towards muzzle, then back around through small keeper.

(5) Pass the plain end of the sling (rough side towards rifle) through the larger keeper (inside the loop which is already there) from muzzle towards butt, then around through the lower swivel

(6) Install brass button in slots provided so as to secure plain end of sling around lower swivel. This can be somewhat difficult with a stiff sling - use care.

(7) Hook claw to appropriate set of holes. This will require some manipulation and sliding of keepers to achieve the desired snug fit.

When finished, if everything was done properly, you should have, from left to right:

A. Lower swivel with two loops of sling (finished sides exposed) B. Brass button C. Large keeper (stitching towads rifle) with three layers of sling D. Brass hook E. Small keeper (stitching towards rifle) with two layers of sling F. Upper swivel with one loop of sling.

- - - Updated - - -

Also found this. Scroll about halfway down the page for some good pictures.

https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/in...?topic=65047.0
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Major Tom, Please excuse a lowly sergeant but as a field grade officer you are asking how to sling a rifle? LOL

Funny, in frantically trying to save as many BB posts as I can before the window closes forever, I ran across my original a couple of nights ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    Major Tom, Please excuse a lowly sergeant but as a field grade officer you are asking how to sling a rifle? LOL
    Hi Tom, my moniker 'Major Tom' is from a tune about an astronaut. I was actually a Spec. 5 in the Army. We carried the M14 back in the mid 60's, so 'slinging' a rifle was quite easy. I served in Vietnam 1966-67.

"Ground Control to Major Tom" David Bowie
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

Quote Originally Posted by 45govt View Post
    Yep! That's the tune.

Blog Entries

I want my crayyooooonnnss!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 45govt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Yep! That's the tune.

the actual tune is called Space Oddity,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo