Well gentlemen, after some time collecting in the 15th to 17th centuries I'm finally back on the board with a 19th century American piece that ya'll might find interesting. I've been stalking Springfield 1795s recently, and found an auction with several. I didn't win any of the 1795s, but what do you know, there was another piece there I'd been hunting as well, so I took it home for a bit over $2400 all told with fees and taxes (but not counting shipping, which was exorbitant, as is tradition for auctions!). It's an 1831-dated Model 1819 - it definitely has some warts (replaced top jaw and screw; altered breechblock latch; the usual Hall rifle chip in the wood behind the receiver; probably a replacement ramrod) but the mechanics are crisp, the flint throws an impressive shower of sparks, and it came with a bayonet that itself is a find.

An interesting reflection, as we look for mismatched parts on future purchases, or when we look for replacement parts to get an old warhorse working again...these rifles were some of the first where that was even possible.