1. Default Japanese Ray Gun

I couldn't leave the readers in limbo. I posted this picture of a Japanese ray gun and asked the readers to guess if it is real. Believe it or not, it is real. Developed by the Japanese in WWII, it was a sniper rifle of sorts. It could kill a rabbit at 100 feet, but it took ten minutes to do it. It could shut down an engine if the hood was open. Other than killing off a bunch of rabbits, it was deemed an unsuccessful venture. I have no idea how it worked, but it sure looks cool.

I wonder if it had Mann-Niedner taper bases?

WW2 Japanese Ray-Gun Invention.jpg

Since it takes so long to make a shot I guess that's why they installed the little "tea pot" on top?

Thanks for posting !!!

If you have to tie a rabbit down for 10 minutes, why not just skin it and eat while you are waiting for the ray gun?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Since it takes so long to make a shot I guess that's why they installed the little "tea pot" on top?

Thanks for posting !!!
    Could be, Allen. Did you notice it is a lever action? The only thing they left off that sucker was the kick starter!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle View Post
    Could be, Allen. Did you notice it is a lever action? The only thing they left off that sucker was the kick starter!
    Considering the age and fact it is Japanese I'll bet it is a 2-stroke.

With all the 007, whiskey still, fuel injection and junk yard gadgets on it I didn't notice it was a lever action. I wonder what was being chambered or ejected?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Considering the age and fact it is Japanese I'll bet it is a 2-stroke.

With all the 007, whiskey still, fuel injection and junk yard gadgets on it I didn't notice it was a lever action. I wonder what was being chambered or ejected?
    I wondered the same thing. I tried to make sense of all the exterior attachments, and I got as far as a tea pot (like you) and the two vacuum tubes at the end of the stock. One gadget looks kinda like a spark plug, and if that is a rear sight sticking out the back, one is guaranteed to lose an eye. And what about the three balls just behind the lever?

I wonder if we tried to reverse engineer it. Surely, we must have tried.