Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Too many CW chewed bullets have been identified as having human teeth marks in them to doubt they had been in someones mouth for some purpose.Personally I never aquired any,LOL,kinda creepy thinking it was in somebodies mouth as they hacked their leg or arm off or at the second of death.Bad ju ju.

2. Default Bullet-in-Wood

I guess the guy from the other forum would attribute bullets in wood to termites. This one is a .58 three ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    I guess the guy from the other forum would attribute bullets in wood to termites. This one is a .58 three ringer.

Only if it was proven to have to have identifiable termite teeth marks.

I wonder if they might of put the bullets in their mouthes to combat thirst?

KTK

When stationed in Germany, it was not usual to read of an 'accident' at the local lumber yard. They'd be cutting up a tree and the blade would hit remnants of WWII shrapnel, shattering the saw blade. They finally started using metal detectors before running the wood through the cutters.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

That's not just in Germany. We have several veneer mills who buy walnut and other trees from the military at nearby Camp Atterbury, Indiana. All of those trees have to be checked with metal detectors before they are sliced into veneer to avoid nicking the very expensive "knives" (actually a four foot blade sharpened to a razor edge) as the log rotates around it and slices off thin strips of veneer.

When they find metal, they use short handled axes and chop into the wood and locate either a bullet, shrapnel or even rusted barbed wire. This causes the veneer to basically have holes in it and the veneer goes into a cutting room where they salvage as much usable veneer as possible. They always have a bucket sitting around where they throw whatever they cut out. I've seen quite a few .50 cal. projectiles in those buckets through the years.
    Bob - Southern Indiana Chapter OFC