Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Serial Numbers

1. Default

[QUOTE=cplnorton;645858]I do not go by hearsay, I fact check everything.[QUOTE]

That's nice. Your point being?

So when you dropped Jim Lands name back in 2016 as a source of your info, I had a friend reach out to him to ask him if your statements were correct. He told me Jim Land did not recognize your name.
    Jim Land is not, nor has he ever been, the source of "my info". I like Jim Land, as I consider him the quintessential Marine. I have never "dropped" Jim Land's name as a source of "my info". Deceit is never becoming, Norton.

Regardless, tomorrow I am having someone reach out to Jim Land again to fact check your statements. We will find out.
    Yes, you will.

Still reading and learning where the knowledge really exists. Keep it going.

Viva America

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Still reading and learning where the knowledge really exists. Keep it going.

Viva America
    nf1e,

Please read this post I just started. It's extremely hard to take thousands of pages of WWI sniper docs and condense them to less than a dozen, but I selected enough that I think it lays it out in detail that anyone can realize what really happened.

Please click on this link and read it.

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...868#post645868

Last edited by cplnorton; 03-05-2023 at 06:08.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ls6man View Post
    So perhaps against better judgment I will wade into this thread..

I?m definitely a neophyte on the WW1 snipers.. Marine or otherwise.. however I have spent a lot of time researching the Unertl rifles. I also am a car guy (primarily GM muscle.. (think LS6 Chevelles, COPO Camaros, L78?s, and Z?s)
    I was wondering which of you would get the nod. I see you composed your post off site and pasted it in. Had a tad bit of help composing it? Furthermore, I have seen doctoral dissertations that were shorter.

This forum exchange is an effort to determine the type of bases the Marines ordered for WRA to mount on their sniper rifles. If you have something to contribute - outstanding. If not, I will pass.

Incidentally, since you were so thorough in your perusal of posts, even to include other sites, how come you didn't mention Norton's story about that 96-year old Iwo Jima sniper/runner? Just an oversight?
    Have a nice day, Ls6man.

5. Default

Jim

Good morning!

Funny how you can write a post but never actually directly address the questions I asked However with your post you try to muddy the waters with personal digs.. . The guy who owned the funny car and eventually was proven to be both clueless about the topic and someone trying to deceive the hobby did the same thing..

My post was written on this site using my I-phone.. nothing was copied from offsite.. btw. Not sure why it would matter either way though

Finally I referenced the other site because it really struck me as ironic how someone who was apparently trying to go into such great depth on Marine sniping? didn?t understand their roles and primary purpose.

As far as some 96 year old Marine who was on Iwo..I wasn?t addressing Steve so why would I?

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Ls6man; 03-05-2023 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle View Post
    Incidentally, since you were so thorough in your perusal of posts, even to include other sites, how come you didn't mention Norton's story about that 96-year old Iwo Jima sniper/runner? Just an oversight?
    This is always Jim's vain redirect attempt away from the fact he cannot provide any REAL factual documents that I am wrong in my statements. The mods removed Jim's ability to lock posts so I can not offer a counter point to his claims. So this is all he has left to try to shift the spotlight away from the fact that he can't provide real Documents to prove me wrong. He knows this is the only thing I WONT post, so this is all he has left.

The story behind this is ridiculous. I interviewed a living School Trained 96yr Marine Sniper a couple years back who was on Iwo Jima. As a school trained Sniper he was attached to the Headquarters Company on Iwo, as all were. He said they told him they did not need a sniper, so they made him a company runner.

Jim keeps on asking me for the guys name but I won't post it. I'm not going to let a WWII Marine's name who served honorably, and fought on Iwo Jima, get dragged thru the mud because Jim can't believe a Sniper was made into a company runner.

If you have any understanding of this era of Marine Corps, you realize how ridiculous this is. It was extremely normal, as a Marine, no matter their training, if the Marines had another job for you, you did it. But because I won't post his name, this is the only thing that Jim has as some vain attempt at a redirect.

I'm not going to disgrace this Marines legacy and what he did, bc of Jim Tartleon's attempt to try to point the spotlight at anything other than the fact he doesn't have any evidence that Winchester never made a taper block (Mann Niedner).

If there is anything that I believe is absolutely disgraceful in all my arguments with Jim, is his constant use of trying to trash this Marine. It's extremely low....

Last edited by cplnorton; 03-05-2023 at 07:37.

7. Default

I?m actually learning.. hence the post.. didn?t realize I had to be a ?noted? WW1 USMC collector to comment..

Have a great day

Mods I have stayed away from any comments on Jim's character, but Jim is attacking a WWII Marine's legacy.

If you need to clean up my comments in my previous post #36, I understand. But I consider Jim trying to drag that WWII Marine into this as low blow and I can't stand by without calling it out for what that truly is, a re-direct because he knows I won't post it.

Jim if you have real documents to prove WRA made the taper base Mann Niedner, POST THEM. Keep your personal attacks out of this discussion and just stick with the facts.

Leave that WWII Marine out of any discussion we have.

Last edited by cplnorton; 03-05-2023 at 07:40.

Easy to understand not posting a vet by name. I have requested the same on a number of occasions for reasons that someone that was not there, could not understand. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Easy to understand not posting a vet by name. I have requested the same on a number of occasions for reasons that someone that was not there, could not understand. Semper Fi.
    I served 5 yrs in the Marines. I was a school trained 0311 Infantry Rifleman. There were a lot of times I filled in other MOS's and billets just because of the needs of the Marine Corps. Most of the time I had no say in those decisions either.

I'm sure every Marine out there has had a similar experience. You do what they tell you to do.

Btw nf1e Semper Fi to you as well sir.