Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USMC Unertl Snipers

Hybrid View

I love this pic because it's 3 Marine Unertl Snipers side by side at Camp Perry. Tim and I were invited by the Marine Rifle team to come hang out with them for the day and we took a whole spread of the different sniper rifle variations up for them to play with.

This moment will remain very special to me since the Unertl Snipers started out as team rifles, and likely had been to Camp Perry with the Marine rifle team before 1940, and we were putting them back in the Marine rifle team's hand over 80 years later. It was just a really amazing experience and I hope next year to get even more real rifles together at Perry and to do the same.

Last edited by cplnorton; 02-28-2023 at 06:49.

This will likely always be my favorite rifle. This rifle is what made me start to research on my own. I have published this rifle in books, magazines, and it is one of the central rifles on the USMCweoponry.com website. I've sort of plastered this rifle everywhere. lol

Great photography as well.

4. Default

When you get an opportunity to study the Unertl rifles and compare them to one another.. amazing how truly similar they are.

Good show guys, wish I could share one!

Wonderful. Above my paygrade, but I can still enjoy others rifles.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Beautiful. Thanks for the photos.
    Hey.. I think your M1C mount just showed up in the CMP thread on them

Quote Originally Posted by Ls6man View Post
    Hey.. I think your M1C mount just showed up in the CMP thread on them
    Quite possible. My M1c had a mismatched mount and the mount number on mine was one someone had the matching rifle too. So we swapped mounts. Whatta Hobby!

9. Default

I saw where your receiver bracket showed up but a guy posted your scope mount last night.

I will have to take a look. Not being a collector, as long as it does the job, I really don't care much about the numbers. Thanks. I PMed the guy that has the mount that matches my rifle just to see if he is interested in trading for the mount I traded when another need the one that came on my rifle. Will see.
    Last edited by nf1e; 03-06-2023 at 06:10.