Thread: Scope leveling.

Default Scope leveling.

Folks are always asking how I level scopes when mounting and I did it by eye until Hawk was kind enough to leave his Wheeler kit at my place. Now it's
    " almost" fun. Mounting a new Sightron SV 10-50x60mm on my Kimber 82 Gov. afforded a perfect opportunity to take a few photos. Whatta Hobby!

1. Mount barrel leveling fixture out of the reach of the scope.
    2. Adjust to level with the rail using provided small precision level.
    3. Set rings in desired location and fasten to rail.
    4. Position scope on rings and loostely fasten ring tops so scope can be moved for eye relief and level.
    5. Using the small level on turret cap adjust scope position and torque rings per instruction.

Wheeler scope leveling.jpgScope leveling.jpgScope leveling.2 jpg.jpgScope leveling.1 jpg.jpgScope leveling.3 jpg.jpg

Blog Entries

Question..why not mount the front sight level on the flat of the front sight riser in pic 3? Seems to me to be a better "system" reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Question..why not mount the front sight level on the flat of the front sight riser in pic 3? Seems to me to be a better "system" reference point.
    Would work fine that way, but most of the rifles I work with don't have a sight riser so I use this particular method on all.