Thread: G-43 woes

Threaded View

Default G-43 woes

Have a Berliner Maschine G-43 I have had for 53 years. I used to catch my college rifle team room-mate dry firing it at the tV which was back when you could get away with having guns at school. Ok?. There is a guy who works on them who sells an aftermarket gas system that is supposed to protect the receiver from excessive recoil and I put that in several years ago. I had a slam fire with Wolf brass case 8mm that broke the extractor and I sent the gun to him for that and a repair on the trigger as well. I had not shot it since the 80?s when I was shooting mild handloads and Canadian N/c ball. Recently tried some Privi Partizan196 gr. FMJ and it was blowing the upper handguard off of the gun. I still have the original gas system parts and I?m thinking I should reinstall those. If this was not enough I put the rifle on safe and the safety fell out! I asked to send the rifle back as he said it needed to be ?re-cut? and he would not work on it. I have found that someone makes a replacement safety kit with springs including one circular one that actually holds it in and I think my gun is now missing that ring.
    Ok now for the questions - is the Privi 196 gr. just a little too hot?
    Has anyone else had anyone work on one of these that you trust?
    It?s a money pit. There is pitting on the trigger guard like blood spatter and I?ve often wondered it it?s haunted.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 02-15-2023 at 07:46.