Default 6 Digit SA's which one to keep for shooter

The first one has the correct upside SA3-41 marked barrel for serial SA number 3 throat 2 muzzle,but the leg is marked Toole and walnut stock 1/2' das and unsheriffed P with no circle. The second one is SA 12-41 and barrel is SA 5-52 G.I. birch stock 1/2 das unsheriffed P no circle with 2 throat- muzz.1+ I think the second one would be a better shooter. The stock fits tight!! I have been offered $1500 for the 1st. one!
    Last edited by jeep; 02-13-2023 at 06:18.

I agree with your choice. Since the 1st one has the correct barrel I wouldn't use it for an everyday shooter and, as you mentioned, the 2nd one has a tighter muzzle. However, I would keep both of them.
    Last edited by Allen; 02-13-2023 at 06:41.

First is a nice rebuild. Second is a nicer rebuild. Shoot the second. Keep both. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    First is a nice rebuild. Second is a nicer rebuild. Shoot the second. Keep both. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    listen to Bruce

Yep! Keep'em both! I regret selling my 99% correct Winchester a few years back for 'only' $2000! I still have my WW2 SA redone by DGR years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Yep! Keep'em both! I regret selling my 99% correct Winchester a few years back for 'only' $2000! I still have my WW2 SA redone by DGR years ago!
    I regret selling my correct IHC 440 dropped 4 for $2,500 6 years ago,now there highly collectable with them selling recently for 5K to 8K. OUCH!!

7. Default

Good advice above. I recommend you keep both.

Keep them both

If you must sell one due to financial reasons, keep the one that shoots the best. Otherwise, keep both.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.