Default Working on my Kimber 82 G.

In the process of setting up this Kimber 82 Gov for the Spring season. Mounted a Sightron SV 10-50x60mm on a 30 moa rail with Night Force six screw rings. Scope over barrel clearance is 0.020. She should hold true for my 200 yd sets. Whatta Hobby!

Kimber.jpgKimber 1.jpg

Lot of fun to pop stuff w/ a .22 LR at 200 yds. Fact is, if you can take a .22 LR sporter w/ a decent hunting scope sighted in at 50 yds. and learn how to stay on the bottom of a aluminum can at 100 yds., you can pretty much take the same type scope, plop it on top of a .30-06 loaded with a decent 150 gr. bullet and pretty much have a very good idea of just how to hold for deer on out to about 250 ... maybe 300 yds. Limit of my .22LR shooting has been maybe 125 yds. Zeroed at 50 yds, good hits can be obtained by just using the tapered tip of the bottom cross hair for aiming out to the end of our available range. I'll be very much interested in your 200 yd. results with the Kimber. Would be curious as to what adjustments are required from a 50 yd. zero. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Deciding on 22 rimfire ammo purchases for the Spring. Shot these 2 10 rnd groups today at 50 yards with my 82G to help me make up my mind. Obviously the scope leveling needs some attention as the Tenex with a little more pizazz moved to the upper right of the X, but both groups are pretty much the same size. Tenex being significantly less expensive than Lapua X-Act and having a bit more zap for the longer ranges I think makes the decision easier for me. I did shoot many more groups today but these are representative of what I was seeing. Whatta Hobby!

Kimber Targets ammo.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 02-12-2023 at 09:00.

Nice shooting!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

5. Default

November Foxtrot One Echo,
    I also have an 82G. The CMP was at the collectrors shop one time selling them and my intial thought was "what a nice mini sniper trainer."
    Finding a 11mm scope mount, I was off to the races. The project got sidelined for moving in 2010 and not really on it at the moment. So, how did it all work out for you?

82g.jpg
    Last edited by BuckeyeShooter; 04-08-2023 at 10:15.

[QUOTE=BuckeyeShooter;647061]November Foxtrot One Echo,
    I also have an 82G. The CMP was at the collectrors shop one time selling them and my intial thought was "what a nice mini sniper trainer."
    Finding a 11mm scope mount, I was off to the races. The project got sidelined for moving in 2010 and not really on it at the moment. So, how did it all work out for you?

Great. It seems to love all sorts of ammo and does a great job. I switch off between my Kimber 82G, CZ-457 and some custom 10-22s when I feel like doing rimfire.

7. Default

Offhand, do you remember how many extra minutes the mounts have to be to get into the 200 yards ballpark?
    When I bought it, that was my original intention, but that match dried up before I gould get the gun rolling.
    Will CCI Std Velocity do the job?

I am using an EGW 20 moa rail and have no problem getting to 200. I have to add, my scopes have 34mm tubes.