Default HRA #57700XX With SA punched P 11-53

It is all HRA in and out with right HRA stock,according to Scott Duff and others. I have one with a HRA barrel and one with the LMR barrel plus the new one with the correct SA barrel with punch on P proof. Is there any more information out there on the HRA history?

In your serial number range HRA was using a mix of HRA, LMR, and SA barrels.

My rifle would be toward the end of production? House clean up or just shortage of HRA barrels?

I believe HRA production ended somewhere between 5.78 and 5.79 million. Can't confirm the SA barrels.

These late HRA were near the end of production just like the 6 Mill SA's are highly collectable today. HRA went into M14 production after the Garand contract ended. Hra only made about 440 thousand Postwar Garands.
    Last edited by jeep; 02-11-2023 at 11:11.

I keep a long list of rifle ser. nos. There seems to be a few SA's mixed in from about 5,724 (maybe just rebuilds or something) and then SA barrels pretty steady from 5,770,xxx to 5,790,000 where suddenly it's back to HRA barrels. These are almost all 2 or 4 -52's. Must have been some little stash they found.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

7. Default

I have HRA 57705-- with a SA 12-53 barrel. This came from the CMP about 20 years ago. It is mostly HRA parts.