Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Plenty of Norwegian Krags in a new Movie

NARVIK is a new movie on
    Netflix.

Saw some trailers of the movie. Own a nice US 1902 Krag infantry rifle. Would be wonderful to be able to have a nice Norwegian Krag! Can only imagine. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Haven't shot it in a while, but still enjoy mine. The 6.5x55 is kind to my shoulder.krag.jpg
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Saw some trailers of the movie. Own a nice US 1902 Krag infantry rifle. Would be wonderful to be able to have a nice Norwegian Krag! Can only imagine. Sincerely. bruce.
    Try for the trifecta with a Danish Krag as well. That 8x58r is probably a tough cartridge to find, though.

I have a patient who brought in a Norwegian Krag that was his grandfather’s. Typical neglected gun; I punched it out and told him to get the headspace checked and that he’d enjoy it. He took it to a gunsmith who I don’t think had a headspace gauge for it and he told him not to shoot it. Makes you want to cry … or say “Will ya sell it to me!?!?!?”

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    I have a patient who brought in a Norwegian Krag that was his grandfather?s. Typical neglected gun; I punched it out and told him to get the headspace checked and that he?d enjoy it. He took it to a gunsmith who I don?t think had a headspace gauge for it and he told him not to shoot it. Makes you want to cry ? or say ?Will ya sell it to me!?!?!??
    Send him my way. My current dream hunting rifle is a Norwegian Krag barreled to 8x57.

jn

Norwegian Krag barreled to 8x57

Wow. Did not realize the Krag could be chambered for this round. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

One word on guns in movies. Today when you see a movie some of the guns are blank firers and some (usually most) are rubber models of the guns in question. If you look very closely you can sometimes identify the rubber models.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    . . . . . .If you look very closely you can sometimes identify the rubber models.
    Sure can . . . .

In John Wayne’s “Green Beret”, it is COMICAL to see CLOSEUPS of the rubber M16s.

10. Default

IIRC it was then found the Krag's action could not handle the pressures of the 8x57.