Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Putting together an M5 type rifle.

Got the bug after digging out some of my ARs. I did have an Armalite AR-10 years ago, but my son the Marine thought he needed it more than me.
    So, after a very small amount of research, I decided on using Aero Precision components. Picked up a complete Aero M-5 lower and added, this morning, an ELF 2.5 - 4lb match trigger with a flat blade. Set the trigger right at 3lbs to agree with my other ARs which mostly have Timney match 3lbs installed. Got a bunch of .308 Pmags and an Aero 20" complete upper due in Tuesday. Whatta Hobby!

M5 1.jpgM5 2.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-28-2023 at 11:55.

2. Default

Is that an M-110 pattern?

One reason I don't have an AR-10 gun is the different variants and non-interchange of mags and other parts. LaRue has a sale. $400 for two lowers. AR-15 and an AR-10.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 01-15-2023 at 09:56.

This will be the DPMS or new pattern. The old Armalite is a dinosaur today.

4. Default

Are any of the 7.62 AR platforms allowable for Service Rifle competition?
    Last edited by barretcreek; 01-15-2023 at 03:24.

Everything is here now except the nickel boron BCG and the adjustable gas block. Hoping to take her for a trial flight this weekend after the last parts arrive. Will be putting on a Night Force ATACR in 5-25. Will be using mlock attachments for bipod rail.Whatta Hobby!

M5 3.jpgM5 4.jpg

6. Default

Looks nice. Enjoy.

Added a different butt and a MK 4 16x fixed. Still waiting for BCG, extended charging handle and adjustable gas block. Whatta Hobby!

M5 5.jpgM5 6.jpg

[QUOTE=nf1e;643945]Added a different butt and a MK 4 16x fixed. Still waiting for BCG, extended charging handle and adjustable gas block. Whatta Hobby!

I think you will like the MagPul butt much better than the collapsible one you had previously. That's what I put on my M&P 10 and am very pleased with it.

Keep the updates coming Marine, I'm enjoying your progress!

Steve

[QUOTE=SteveC;643974]
    Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Added a different butt and a MK 4 16x fixed. Still waiting for BCG, extended charging handle and adjustable gas block. Whatta Hobby!

I think you will like the MagPul butt much better than the collapsible one you had previously. That's what I put on my M&P 10 and am very pleased with it.

Keep the updates coming Marine, I'm enjoying your progress!

Steve
    I have used this type buttstock on other AR rifles and like it very much. SLR adjustable gas block arrived today. Tracking on the AERO .308 BCG and extended charging handle show an expected deliver here of Saturday. I am getting a bit excited at this point.

Been out on the range for a couple of days working with this animal. Yesterday it would shoot fine for one round, eject, but would not pick up the next round from the mag. Ahhhh! says the M14/FAL guy, short stroking with the gas block full open. Well, this is not necessarily so with an AR. After asking a question the .308AR.com forum, it was suggested that my bolt might be traveling too fast to pick up the next rnd. The suggestion was made that I turn down the adjustable gas block a bit. Learned something new. With the block open 8 out of 15 clicks the rifle now runs like a champ. Tried all sorts of ammo without a hickup. Whatta Hobby!