Default seeking a to buy a colt 1911 in .455 sl, need advise

hi guys, I am seeking a to buy a colt 1911 in .455 sl ,
    how much should I expect to pay?
    also where can I locate spair magazines.
    I am asking about the britsih.455 and not
    the colt .45 acp caliber.
    please post,
    many thanks,

You may want to consider a 45. I haven't noticed a .455 for sale in a while. I have several 1911's but by no means am I an expert so I'm wondering if the barrel and mag can be changed over?

Of course if you're wanting a true British .455 expect to pay big time and maybe search for a long time.

All I see on GB are a couple of collector magazines for $600 ea (auction), a nickle plated 1911 and this one that is a very poor specimen that's been re-blued, stippled frame for texture and after market grips. This auction house gets big money too on what they sell.

If you want to watch it here it is. Good luck with your search.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/964985903

As above, a .45 ACP would be a much better choice if you are wanting to shoot it. .455 pistols are virtually non-existent with original barrel, the original .455 SL ammunition is rare, magazines are scarce (expensive), and reloading components hard to come by. If only a .455 SL will do, you may be a while gathering everything up.

Blog Entries

sold one a few years ago, don't recall the price , but it was a bit high,

all original, nice gun, unlike that travesty Allen posted from GBorker

5. Default

Hi, just saw this. I'm a fan of the .455 also. I expect this one to go over 4K , regards, Mike

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/17264011
    Last edited by Mike; 01-24-2023 at 08:11.

The link is to a 1911A1 .45ACP, not .455.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The link is to a 1911A1 .45ACP, not .455.
    Hi, sorry wrong link. Here is the real one, https://www.gunauction.com/buy/17263854

Mike, thanks for posting. Jackthedog is a good seller. I have bought from him and he has sold for me in the past. He gets top dollar for his items. It would be hard to find a better 455 specimen than this.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Mike, thanks for posting. Jackthedog is a good seller. I have bought from him and he has sold for me in the past. He gets top dollar for his items. It would be hard to find a better 455 specimen than this.
    Hi, I bought in the past from Jackthedog and I agree he's a good seller. The above mentioned 1911 is out of my price range but I do like the .455 cartridge, regards, Mike

10. Default

Hi, for information this went for $7505, Mike