Default For those that can appreciate and extremely accurate .223 bolt rifle.

This one fits the bill nicely. Savage model 12 FVSS with a 26" Fluted SS Heavy Barrel and trigger worked down to 6-8 oz. Scope is a Leupold VXIII 8.5 - 25 mounted on ARMS #22 quick release rings. Have had this critter for many years and enjoy seeing she can still put a 40 gn bullet in exactly the same spot shot after shot. The Major John Plaster designed chassis was manufactured by Choate Machine & Tool Company and was original issue on this rifle when my wife bought it for me decades ago. Loading up a new stock of 40 gn V-max for the Spring season. Whatta Hobby!

Model 12 1.jpgModel 12 2.jpgModel 12 3.jpg

Blog Entries

Savage has always made a very fine rifle, but not really gotten any credit for it until recently,

they (Savage) was building very good rifles when Remington jumped the shark and went in the toilet,

I have some Pre - accutrigger model 10s that I enjoy. .223, .308 and yes, one I installed a .450 Bushmaster barrel on. When I feel the need for a little punishment , I get out the .450. Brutal.