Thread: Christmas Stuff

Default Christmas Stuff

Not very good but this IS a family site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Yup! Shooting down mistletoe...used the .22. Sell it to those that didn't like to get cold or wet.

I normally used a 12ga.
    Last edited by Allen; 12-20-2022 at 09:23.

Mistletoe killers. I wouldn't pay for mistletoe and I wouldn't go out and cut it down in the winter time. But, I actually did sell some at a stand. Talk about oldtime. We have it in AZ. It's a parasite plant (or parasitic which sounds even worse) and it kills other plants. There's only one animal/bird that can eat it. The Pheanopeplia. Pretty little black bird with some white in it' wings. They're bossy. They always take the top branch.
    Last edited by dryheat; 12-20-2022 at 10:50.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Allen, since you posted this I might pass along a story that came my way.

It is about lost keys and the lady writes: After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen.

As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband. " I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence, I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. "Are you kidding me?" he barked. " I dropped you off!" Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well can you come and get me?" He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your car!"
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    Allen, since you posted this I might pass along a story that came my way.

It is about lost keys and the lady writes: After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen.

As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband. " I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence, I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. "Are you kidding me?" he barked. " I dropped you off!" Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well can you come and get me?" He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your car!"
    My mind hasn't gotten that bad yet but it's heading that way.

Did I ever tell you that I have a good memory but it's short?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    Did I ever tell you that I have a good memory but it's short?
    Yeah, but I forgot.