Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturn barrels

There was the Armory on 301 or 302 little before litchfield , i think that was a log style building, don't know about kent.

Very familiar with the Armoury in Woodville, part of Washington on what used to be 25 and now 202. Been closed quite some time now. Used to shoot with a bunch of the guys that hung out there. Was owned and operated by Bill Ohara a real Colt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Didn't Harry Height have his shop on rt 7 in Kent? Seems to me it was in a log cabin type building.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the guy. Only met him once. He bought a pile of Krag and 03 parts that I had acquired and had no use for.
    I believe you are thinking of Bob Harris.

He had a shop on Rt. 7, north of Kent, in a log cabin-styled building with absolutely NO WINDOWS! (He was later murdered!)

That's the guy. As my wife says , memory is such a small thing. Never have been worth a darn with names.

How about Dennis Flayton, Chris Marino and Gary Curtiss? Dennis is gone now but the other two are active in the trade.

Yeah, I knew Dennis and Chris . . . .and maybe Gary . . . .

was Gary one of the partners at the armory after Bill O’Hara?

No, Gary has had his own Class III business in Warren.

You are thinking of Gary Fitch that was partnered up with another guy after Bill sold the place. Didn't last too long.
    Last edited by nf1e; 12-13-2022 at 09:39.

Blog Entries

speaking of stocks, and a bit of a drift,

years ago, when I was a wee lad, (well, not quite a teenager) Dad was in the USAR, and also worked for them as a full time Civilian, doing weapons repair etc,

he also serviced a handful of Military schools and J\ROTC units in high schools, etc

once in a while he would have to replace the stocks on all the Garands and 1903's that the cadets etc managed to break,

so he would toss them in the back of his pickup (he refused to drive a Gov't Vehicle, because the mileage pay was better, and he knew the mechanics that worked on the Gov't vehicles,,)

we (brother and I ) would then help him unload them at home, and finish breaking them up for firewood,

nothing would get a good fire going in the fireplace like an oil soaked piece of walnut, ,,

now, of course, I wish we had a place to store them , even repaired they would be worth a small fortune today

Yep, we all have those woulda , coulda and shoulda moments. I get tired of hearing that hind sight is 20/20 even if it's true.