Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Default Coffee

It's a stimulant and it's addictive so it's a drug. Been on it since I was 4 that I remember with plenty of milk and sugar back then which is also addictive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember having a Friday night treat. Would ride my bike to the bakery, a good 3 miles away. Get some Hoskies as they were called. A bread type that was braided and baked with a good sprinkling of salt on it. When we made it home, we buttered it (still hot) and then dunked in in the coffee. That is all gone now. No bakery there and no Hoskies to be found anywhere.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Love them!

Thanks Allen

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It's a stimulant and it's addictive so it's a drug. Been on it since I was 4 that I remember with plenty of milk and sugar back then which is also addictive.
    Ahhh "coffee=milk." I remember it well from my grandmother's house when I was "itty-bitty." Made me feel just a little more grown up, as a five year old, to drink it in the kitchen with grandma and my parents.
    Last edited by Art; 12-10-2022 at 05:42.

I remember in Louisiana having cafe-au-lait as a kid -- great Cajun custom.

When I began my last job working 12hr rotating shifts we had to drink a lot of strong coffee to function. Often, on night shifts I was probably putting down 10 or more cups a night. What concerned me was the sugar I was adding, not so much per cup but the fact that any amount X 10 was a lot.

One day a co-worker brought in his new espresso maker. It took about 1/4lb of coffee grounds to produce one tiny cup of coffee. As strong as it was it was very good being fresh and surprisingly not bitter. You could really taste the coffee so I didn't add any cream or sugar. Later I thought, duh, if I can drink that stuff I should be able to drink regular coffee black and not feel I have to add all that stuff.

Ever since, (25 years ago) I drink coffee black w/o the sugar.

Blog Entries

never cared for the taste, no matter what was added,

I do like a good coffee Stout, but the coffee is such a small part of the ingredients, you just get a hint of it, and even then, one and I am done (move on to something else)

now tea,, a good strong black tea, English, Irish or Scottish (slightly peat taste) is fantastic,
    sipping a cuppa Barry's gold now

Nineteen forty-four C-ration "powdered coffee" in a canteen cup, heated with a piece of C4 stuck to the bottom. It don't get any better than that.

Being from Swedish descent, coffee was an all day ritual.