Default LRB M14BR in E2.

Nice morning in the 30s with a light wind. At least it's sunny. Got out with one of my LRB M14BR builds from last year. Barrel is a chrome lined Bula USGI standard configuration from Ted Brown. Rest of the parts are USGI in an E2 stock from Fred's. Ammo is 115 Bergers in RA-68 cases over 45 gn of N-201 set off with 210Ms. Shop scope is an old Burris 4.5 - 14 mounted on a high Bassett so I can use the irons under the mount. Not my favorite set up for any kind of accurate shooting. Whatta Hobby!

E2 1.jpgE2 2.jpg

The LRB M14BR is back in it's real stock. Shooting in this configuration pleases me way more than the E2 for sure. E2 and hardware are back in storage where they belong. Whatta Hobby!

LRB M14 BR 1.jpgLRB M14 BR.jpg

The E2 stock was supposedly designed to better control auto firing of the M14. Not sure if that worked out tho. In 'Nam, we would occasionally fire a full mag in full auto. Never had a problem controlling the rifle contrary to rumors saying otherwise.

I found the same with the M14 in RVN. Only time I ever had a chance to fire on in an E2 configuration was a Fam class and the instructor introduced it as the Army's canoe paddle for when they get up a creek and can't find a Marine to help them back down.