1. Default Original Condition 03 Mk 1 Value?

Does anyone here have an opinion on the current value of a 1903 Mk 1 in original configuration, with all correct parts including the stock with the relieved area for the ejection port, all original finish in the 85% plus range overall, with all correct stock marks that they would be willing to share?

If so, please do and let me know the basis for that opinion; recent person to person sale, online auction, gunbroker or the like. Pictures of the sold rifle, if you have them or can direct me to them would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Rifles built on Mk I receivers are not rare. Correct ones including fire control groups are scarce. From what I've been able to learn on line, assuming the barrel is original to the action and all parts including the fire control group are correct, and the rifle has 85% of the finish remaining, you're probably looking at $2,500.00 to $3,500.00. Prices can vary according to location.

John Beard would probably be able to give you a better idea.
    Last edited by Art; 12-03-2022 at 03:22.

Rick, I agree with Art's estimate. Does the stock have an Eagle Head inspection cartouche?

4. Default

Mine had WES

- - - Updated - - -

Has WES

5. Default

Thanks for the input all. To answer Scott's question, no, I cannot find an eagle head stamp on the rifle, though I gave it a quick once over this morning.
    It has DAL in a box in the usual location and a P proof in the usual place for that.
    A few pictures are attached.

Can someone refresh my recollection on the meaning of the A under the barrel date? I do not think it means Avis Company that made barrels in the 1919 - 1920 time frame. Brophy indicates those barrels were marked AV where Springfield barrels were marked SA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

Think I found the answer to my own question in a thread from 2020: http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showt...ghlight=barrel

I have Serial Number 1065482 , Barrel is HS (High Standard) , Date 6-44, Insp. Stamp, SA over SPG and a BF Bolt. shoots a good group.
    FWIW

J. cook in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)