Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Apes

Default Rock Apes

Anyone remember 'rock apes' in Vietnam? You be sittin' in yer perimeter dug out at night when rocks come flying into yer position. F.N.G. would come out of their skin thinking they were being attacked when all it was was some monkeys throwing sh!t at you!

I guess I'm the only 'Nam vet who experienced such a thing!
    So, moderator, you can close this thread!

Still a recent thread and has many views. Why close it? It will fade or die on it's own if no one else responds.

As far as the rock throwing goes it sounds much like the riots in this country.
    Last edited by Allen; 02-02-2023 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I guess I'm the only 'Nam vet who experienced such a thing!
    So, moderator, you can close this thread!
    I have heard of this, so it is of interest.

KTK

Well, OK then!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Well, OK then!
    For those of us, who have only read, it is wonderful to hear from those who have had first hand experience.

These days with any old bullxxxx being printed on the internet, it is refreshing and valuable to get information that comes from a reliable source.

Thanks

KTK

7. Default

I lost my first post, I'll try again. We never saw rock apes in the area of I Corp we operated in but we had plenty of ***k you lizards. Listen closely to this video. No offense to anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1N2ACztZMI

Old SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Ranger View Post
    we had plenty of ***k you lizards. Listen closely to this video. No offense to anyone.
    That's funny.

There is an explanation of 'vietnam rock apes' on U-tube. It is mostly concerned with possible 'big foot' sightings which I do not concur with!
    I have heard of those lizards, but never saw or heard one.
    Last edited by Major Tom; 02-07-2023 at 12:18.

Naked and afraid is a TV show. It is mostly staged as it has to be but some of it appears to be actual. On the shows a man and woman, unknown to each other are paired together in the woods, jungle, desert or where ever with no clothes and only a couple of essentials such as a knife and a pan to cook with.

On some of the shows the couple are kept awake all night by the screaming monkey's that surround them in the trees. As you can imagine, food of any kind is scarce and what little if any that the people have been able to accumulate is stolen by the monkey's during the night.

It's been mentioned on the show that in almost all countries, it is illegal for them to kill the monkey's.

The rock throwers reminded me of the rioters and the ones on this show. Not good for much.