Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zane Grey

Default Zane Grey

Anybody into reading these old westerns? I think my father read everyone of them while smoking his Sir Walter Raleigh....

I would like to start but don't know anything about them...

Any recommendations???

Thanks....

To me, the main thing I learned from school is BOOKS SUCK, but that's just me. If I were going to start with the Zane Grey stories I would look into ebay, they have the books and the DVD's but in most cases the entire series or set isn't offered. You'd have to buy books separately or buy the DVD's per season.

Since they've been in print for so long you might try the local public library. They may even have the DVD's or VHS videos as well.

Thank you, I like books and our local public libraries are great...I enjoy the movie only after I've read the book..

4. Default

Do a little research to find out if any of the books are part of a sequence. Tony Hillerman wrote his stuff to be read that way. Same with a retired SEAL who's characters do all the things he wasn't allowed to.

Can't beat the price at the library.

I haven't checked out a book from a library in the past 55 years but have stopped in to use one of their computers when mine was out of order so I actually have an active library card.

I'll bet these days if they don't have what you want they can find which library does. These books should be easy to find.

Yep, I know where to find 'em. I am looking for feedback as to where to start with his books, and I don't know if any were written in sequence... he wrote hundreds...

Riders of the Purple Sage was his best-selling book..

Sorry. I misunderstood.

Maybe this will help?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zane_Grey

https://www.westernwriting.com/zane-grey-books/

Then there was the Zane Grey theater TV series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_P...e_Grey_Theatre

Reminds me of the Italian movie. The old man dies in his orchard. It was exactly like I remembered from the, well, it's late and I am getting tired.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I just checked Amazon. They have a lot of them for sale at prices that range from cheap to ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Reminds me of the Italian movie. The old man dies in his orchard. It was exactly like I remembered from the, well, it's late and I am getting tired.
    Wasn't that a tomato garden?

Mad magazine did a satire on that many years ago. The Godfather had survived several attempts on his life including being shot only to end up dying in his garden when his grandson sprays him with insecticide.