Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To heck with Chinese solar panels! I vote for a whole house propane generator!

My cousin husband run a farm entity in Medina County, Ohio.

He bought into the solar panels for his farm and HASN'T made the saving projected. Also, every tax filing he submits the paperwork for the FEDERAL ta credit and ot get rejected and he has to make a complete new filing before he get the yearly credit.

You know that the War Department opened the Ravenna Arsenal at the start of WWII, because the records of the Weather Bureau, up to that time indicated that the NE Ohio location, was rated a eighty-five percent [85%] of being under CLOUDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    To heck with Chinese solar panels! I vote for a whole house propane generator!
    That's what I've got -- 48Kw. It isn't cheaper than drawing power from the grid (which, of course, I still do) but when there's a two-week long power failure, it's a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    That's what I've got -- 48Kw. It isn't cheaper than drawing power from the grid (which, of course, I still do) but when there's a two-week long power failure, it's a life saver.
    Yup, no gas runs. Seven days after hurricane Ike I had to make a gas run. almost 60 miles to an open station (why you top off the tank before a storm.) LOL, then a few hours after I came back the power was back on.
    Last edited by Art; 10-13-2022 at 02:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Yup, no gas runs. Seven days after hurricane Ike I had to make a gas run. almost 60 miles to an open station (why you top off the tank before a storm.) LOL, then a few hours after I came back the power was back on.
    I've done that a few times myself. At least the gas doesn't go to waste. There's always something to put it in.