Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bula XM21 rear lugged receivers.

Looking forward to building these beautiful receivers into precision rifles in the near future. Finish on these appear to be superb.

Fitted bolts and hand tightened barrels and checked out other parts for compliance. All is good to go. Whatta Hobby!

xm21 1.jpgxm21 2.jpgxm21 3.jpgxm21 4.jpg

Sure love working on these animals. Too windy to shoot today so I am cleaning up an unused Fajen NM stock getting it ready for bedding routing. Whatta Hobby!

NM stock 1.jpgnm stock 2.jpg

Stock hardware has been fitted and removed. Sanded more with 220 and gave here a coat of 50/50 BLO and thinner. Nice tigering is showing up the full length of the stock. I have feeling that she will shine after a few more applications of 50/50 and then finish wet sanding with 400 and then 600.Whatta Hobby!

NM stock 3.jpgNM stock 4.jpg

Had some time this afternoon so I put one together. XM21 # 209, HRT bolt, one of my spare Bula Ultra heavy barrels 22" 1-10, USGI fiberglass stock fitted for rear lug. Will decide later which optic will be mounted for function testing. Whatta Hobby!

209 1.jpg209 2.jpg209 3.jpg

I am thinking the NF BEAST should do for testing on this one. Whatta Hobby!

NF Beast 1.jpgNF Beast 2.jpgNF Beast 3.jpg

ive got a rear-lugged Fulton i built using a Wolff modified heavy barrel (turned down to use a standard guide i think) and have it in a standard USGI stock. it fits me much better than the 4x4 USGI NM stock i have. i inlet for the rear lug myself and had a lot of fun working it.

i need to get it bedded. just curious about the socket head cap screw in the rear lug. i dont know anything about bedding. what is it used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    ive got a rear-lugged Fulton i built using a Wolff modified heavy barrel (turned down to use a standard guide i think) and have it in a standard USGI stock. it fits me much better than the 4x4 USGI NM stock i have. i inlet for the rear lug myself and had a lot of fun working it.

i need to get it bedded. just curious about the socket head cap screw in the rear lug. i dont know anything about bedding. what is it used for?
    Used to attach to the lug through a bedded spacer in the stock. Screw ends up under the rear of the trigger group.

Not too shabby for XM21 #209's first day at the range. Love working with these XM21 receivers. Took the scope off of one rifle and mounted on this one. Elevation was perfect at 100yds and windage was 2 moa to the left. Eight clicks to the right produced this target. Ammo is MEN cases loaded with 136 gn FB over 45 gn of 4064. Will only get better as the rifle decides to settle in. 100-10x with a max spread of 1" with the flyer. Average works out to just about .5 moa. Right in line with the best of my project guns. Whatta Hobby!

209 target 2.jpg

Clearanced the handguard, ferule and stock on the USGI fiberglass this morning. One more day on the range before final bedding. Supply of bedding pillars are supposed to be here Tuesday. All three stocks are finished and ready for bedding. # 209 on top, 211 in center an 212 bottom. Stocks are from top to bottom USGI fiberglass, Boyd's and Fajen NM walnut new from wrap. Whatta Hobby!

Stocks 1.jpgStocks 2.jpgStocks 3.jpgStocks 4.jpg

you build some beautiful and very accurate rifles.