Default We aren't running out of reserved oil

I thought maybe we were since the prices are going up again but evidently we aren't. We may deplete about a third of the reserve which is pretty big. Here's a little note about how you store 600 million barrels of oil. It's not all in this country.

The Department of Energy oversees the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is a supply of about 568 million barrels of oil stored in four underground caves across the Texas and Louisiana coasts. The highest level the supply has reached was 727 million barrels in 2009.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Not all in this Country ? So where is it ? Hopefully not in North Korea.

3. Default

No offense intended at all dryheat, but shouldn't this be in the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    Not all in this Country ? So where is it ? Hopefully not in North Korea.
    Possibly some in floating reserve? I believe that is a thing, to keep some in tankers. Don't know how much though.

FWIW the reserve is equivalent to about 45 days of US crude production.

I just signed up for the politics forum so I wouldn't stray. I thought this was more just interesting than political.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I just signed up for the politics forum so I wouldn't stray. I thought this was more just interesting than political.
    There's nobody there.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    There's nobody there.
    Honest question as I haven't asked for the password for the politics forum; is this why there are more political and non-gun related threads in the gun talk forum? I didn't, and still don't, understand the need for the whole password thing. I had hoped it would improve the non-politics forums and considered removing some of them from ignore in case they were posting actual gun related posts and good info. But it hasn't worked that way unfortunately.

It's the cracker barrel forum, like the description says. Post what you like, with the overtly political stuff in that forum, and dedicated forums for Garands, Springfield's, etc.

Not a lot of new blood coming in, matching the lack of inexpensive milsurps hitting the market. It's like this in many places.

BTW, if folks want it unfiltered, the k98kforum political section has that in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    It's the cracker barrel forum, like the description says. Post what you like, with the overtly political stuff in that forum, and dedicated forums for Garands, Springfield's, etc.

Not a lot of new blood coming in, matching the lack of inexpensive milsurps hitting the market. It's like this in many places.

BTW, if folks want it unfiltered, the k98kforum political section has that in abundance.
    I checked it out..a little. I'll have to dig into it more. Went to the Luger page. Hmm: Good to know that I was honest with my sale.
    When I checked out the market(not there, but GB,selling for a friend)I saw a lot of junk and I know nothing about Lugers. I got a good price and my girlfriend was happy with the result.
    The same weird stuff there too. Looks like real pistols were vandalized. That's too bad. By God, this is gun talk.
    Last edited by dryheat; 09-30-2022 at 02:41.