Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kragrifle, Show a shot of the receiver marked CAL.22 I doubt many have seen one.

Is the receiver marked .22 on the S-P barreled guns? Thought that was just on the SA-GP rifle? BTW, Kragrifle, fantastic piece!

3. Default

These are two of the GP Krags I have been able to find. Remember these were produced in 1907 right up to production of the first Hoffer Thompson 1903’s. Only the Springfield produced GP Krags will have these receiver markings. That said, the second of these two receivers is on a carbine length firearm and has a chamber at 12 o’clock just like the Stevens Pope pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

A53424EB-4ADA-4286-A522-35A225699CB5.jpg

Thanks, but which gun is that? Pictures are TINY!

5. Default

That is the 22 cal carbine with the GP receiver. Barrel is set up with the chamber at 12 o’clock similar to, but different from the Stevens-Pope barrels. Mallory or Brophy have photos of similar Springfield designs, but I have no proof this was made at Springfield. This might suggest Springfield reconsidered their design after fooling with the way too complicated spring loaded carrier design and used on of the GP receivers in this carbine since these receivers are cut out to facilitate access to the chamber while loading single cartridges.

I can send bigger photos by email if anyone is interested. By the way Dick, I’m still interested in a book with Amazon on the 1922 Springfield series of 22 RF but need help with getting started.