Try to read a thread and get this--

Says:

Attachment 50853

I did, read several in the Enfield , 1917 and a few other sections,
    no issues , no drama

no phone number,

even visited the sale board, no issues

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    hmmmm you just proved a point I made with someone,, not sure that will work out well
    The only point proven is that people don't understand how the internet is connected. Gone are the days where everyone has a fixed IP from their provider.

These days VPNs becoming more common. If gun forums are going to forbid such access via VPN then it's just another nail in the coffin.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, read several in the Enfield , 1917 and a few other sections,
    no issues , no drama

no phone number,

even visited the sale board, no issues
    That is weird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    The only point proven is that people don't understand how the internet is connected. Gone are the days where everyone has a fixed IP from their provider.

These days VPNs becoming more common. If gun forums are going to forbid such access via VPN then it's just another nail in the coffin.

- - - Updated - - -

That is weird.

so you know what I am speaking of?

so you know what I am speaking of?
    No I don't and I doubt anyone else does either.

Back to the OP, if people want to give milsurps.com their number, they can. However I find their stated reason for asking to be thin and unpersuasive. As you stated, a bogus # could suffice. But if that's the case, what's the point of the policy?

Blog Entries

No I don't and I doubt anyone else does either.

Back to the OP, if people want to give milsurps.com their number, they can. However I find their stated reason for asking to be thin and unpersuasive. As you stated, a bogus # could suffice. But if that's the case, what's the point of the policy?
    hmmmm

meanwhile, give them you old cell number, or an office number, or better yet, fire off a question to admin and ask?

re the VPN, is you ban at Gunboards still there? the Canadians used to just ban folks, not those that get banned are permaban, by IP,

they have been running a purge of folks that question the management, and post mostly in the off topic areas,

Blog Entries

Try to read a thread and get this--

Says:

Attachment 50853
    Just give them Lyman's number.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Just give them Lyman's number.
    they don't have it and have not asked,

hmmmm

meanwhile, give them you old cell number, or an office number, or better yet, fire off a question to admin and ask?

re the VPN, is you ban at Gunboards still there? the Canadians used to just ban folks, not those that get banned are permaban, by IP,

they have been running a purge of folks that question the management, and post mostly in the off topic areas,
    Gunboards? What are you talking about?

You spend way too much time thinking (obsessing?) over what I do.

I'm on the k98k forum. Used to be on milsurps, occasionally--could be my low participation rate put me on the "?" list, dunno

CMP forum, & here.

BTW you want a raw & unfiltered OT page, the K98k forum has a lively one. But guys there are pretty good at not taking things personally (unlike here). Whatever hammer the mods there have, it doesn't seem to come out often.

Blog Entries

Gunboards? What are you talking about?

You spend way too much time thinking (obsessing?) over what I do.

I'm on the k98k forum. Used to be on milsurps, occasionally--could be my low participation rate put me on the "?" list, dunno

CMP forum, & here.

BTW you want a raw & unfiltered OT page, the K98k forum has a lively one. But guys there are pretty good at not taking things personally (unlike here). Whatever hammer the mods there have, it doesn't seem to come out often.
    lordy,

you were wwsomething guns guy on gunboards,

how do I know??, a few members that you ran off here told me, and a Mod there confirmed by IP address, and name, and location, when they were looking into what you were posting in the Gomers section (once it went public, it used to be password protected),

people are not hard to find, and you apparently have a pretty bad rep in some forum circles stemming from your past behavior here,

as far as raw unfilted OT sections, there are plenty of those on the net, but most seem to self implode eventually

lordy,

you were wwsomething guns guy on gunboards,

how do I know??, a few members that you ran off here told me, and a Mod there confirmed by IP address, and name, and location, when they were looking into what you were posting in the Gomers section (once it went public, it used to be password protected),

people are not hard to find, and you apparently have a pretty bad rep in some forum circles stemming from your past behavior here,

as far as raw unfilted OT sections, there are plenty of those on the net, but most seem to self implode eventually
    So let's consider two possibilities:

First, you're talking sh*t and seeing what comes of it.

Second, you claim to have some inside knowledge of things.

If the second were true, that would mean that mods are passing info around, and comparing notes on people--including you! AND IT WOULD PROVE MY POINT ABOUT NOT GIVING INFO TO UNRELIABLE MODS, PER THE OP.

Also I notice you repeatedly badmouth gunboards mods here. Maybe I point that out to those guys over there?

Luckily we both know you're just fishing around and you're not one of those mods who would abuse trust by trading in private info.

Right?