Thread: Is It Just Me?

Default Is It Just Me?

In this clip from Sgt. York, looks to me like Gary Cooper has a 1905 rear sight when he shoots his sighter, and a 1903 sight moments later when he shoots the 5-round clip. About 8 minutes in. Apologies if this has been covered previously.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    In this clip from Sgt. York, looks to me like Gary Cooper has a 1905 rear sight when he shoots his sighter, and a 1903 sight moments later when he shoots the 5-round clip. About 8 minutes in. Apologies if this has been covered previously.

It's a X#@$%ng movie, Trogdor.
    Yes, it's just you.
    Glad to help...

Fault! Sudo swearing. Name-making-fun-of. See you again in three years or so. OK, first offense; you get a reduction in sentence (I don't really have any jurisdiction here).
    I should have seen this movie but I didn't and I'm sure not watching the whole thing now to verify but I don't doubt Togors trained eye. Not being sarcastic much.
    Last edited by dryheat; 09-06-2022 at 11:56. Reason: sarcasm, well, yes
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by High Plaines Doug r View Post
    It's a X#@$%ng movie, Trogdor.
    Yes, it's just you.
    Glad to help...
    Of course it's a movie.

And this is a cracker barrel forum.

Looking for small details in movies is something people sometimes do.

If some folks are too busy with other stuff, good on them.

Togie's right movie kept switching sights

Possibly simply used two different rifles? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Mostly I just wonder how Hollywood got their prop guns back then. Some look like M1903s but in hindsight maybe they were just Bannerman specials, a conglomeration of '03 and '17 and Krag parts.

Probably no one on the set knew one from the other. Don't remember the movie, but a soldier had an M1 Carbine with a bayonet lug slung over his shoulder. Scene cuts away, and when it comes back the bayonet lug is gone.

Blog Entries

Didn't most of the movie houses have there own supply house for firearms, or contracted from the usual places (wasn't Stembridge in business then?)

10. Default

Saw an early WWII prop rah rah go get 'em movie starring names I recognized. UDT went ashore with Model 92s or 94s.