Thread: The gun (parts) business

Threaded View

Default The gun (parts) business

So, I came across a Garand operating rod marked NM. It's a post war model marked 7790722-RA. It's in very good condition. I put it up on Ebay on Saturday. After 12 hrs. I had one "look". I figured something was wrong so I took down the ad and put it up again on Sunday being very careful to put it in the right category. 24 hrs. later I have one "look".
    I put up another part a few weeks ago. After a week I had 3 looks. It wasn't a real sexy part so I scratched my head a little and moved on. The NM oprod is a cool part.
    This is incredible. I talked to another seller yesterday and he said the same thing. It seems something has happened to the gun market. I know inflation and all that has an impact but how tight are people getting with their money? No funds for toys or has the gun market just died from fear of confiscation? Or people have finally gotten past the Milsurp collecting.
    Now I have sold some parts recently. Not a lot of looks either but the guys that wanted them really wanted them.
    I am not "in the business". I'm just doing some housekeeping these days. Remember, this isn't the politics forum.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-29-2022 at 05:23.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.