Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain

Default Rain

Have heard since I was a kid that our area got more yearly rainfall than any place in the world. Have always believed it too.

It has rained EVERY day for the past 150 days or so w/o fail. Some years we go about 300 for the year so not much to look forward to as far as relief. It is thundering as I type and the radar map shows the daily crap is on the way--all day.

On rare occurrences we have a day with no rain on top of us but black clouds and thunder linger nearby. Enough so that you can't start much of an outdoor project.

Still, the local weather stations issue 10 day forecast (always wrong) when in fact they can't predict 10 minutes in advance.

Nothing new here---just thought some of you might want to compare to your area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen; 08-19-2022 at 09:06.

2. Default

Drove to NOLA in 2002 from Atlanta, doing 40 on the Interstate. Maybe slower but I was afraid of getting rear ended.

But I have to question if you get more than the area around Mt. Baker.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 08-19-2022 at 09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Drove to NOLA in 2002 from Atlanta, doing 40 on the Interstate. Maybe slower but I was afraid of getting rear ended.

But I have to question if you get more than the area around Mt. Baker.
    Only if Mt. Baker is several miles under water.

I've questioned Seattle and London. The findings were they got daily rains but often it was more of a mist where we get downpours.

People like myself have roots here and will never leave but for those who could live anywhere I have to wonder why so many want to move here.

Probably rains a lot, but anywhere in the world? I would guess Indonesia gets more. Those folks can expect to literally be up to their waists in water half the year. But of course that's due to being only three ft. above sea level.
    We are getting a real monsoon this yr. in Arizona. Haven't had rain like this in about five yrs. These are "pop up" storms. They can pop up anywhere. Might rain like crazy in a one mile square. Not like the El Nino? waves we had 30 yrs ago. One state wide downpour after another.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Probably rains a lot, but anywhere in the world? I would guess Indonesia gets more. Those folks can expect to literally be up to their waists in water half the year. But of course that's due to being only three ft. above sea level.
    We are getting a real monsoon this yr. in Arizona. Haven't had rain like this in about five yrs. These are "pop up" storms. They can pop up anywhere. Might rain like crazy in a one mile square. Not like the El Nino? waves we had 30 yrs ago. One state wide downpour after another.
    Not my words and things do change. Researching this on the web makes different claims but yet every so often my area tops the list.

Moist air from Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico collides over us giving us those mentioned popup rains that don't show up on radar maps till it is already happening.

The only way it could rain more here is to rain 24/7/365. Some years it almost does that.

What hasn't washed away is rotting or rusting away. I received roof damage 2 years ago from hurricane Sally and haven't been able to make repairs nor find someone to do the repairs due to lack of supplies and mostly the weather and yes, I do have leaks.
    Last edited by Allen; 08-19-2022 at 01:04.

Rain is a good thing! Rain makes corn and corn makes whiskey!

Where I live this would be called a drought.

"Rain rain go away, come again another day"

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    "Rain rain go away, come again another day"
    When it comes back on that "another day" it's already raining.

Yeah I know it's sugar cane but it's not far from the truth.