Thread: Carbine Mags

Default Carbine Mags

Received an e mail from Midway stating they had a supply of Mags by various manufacturers. I was surprised at the pricing. If the pricing is correct as the current going rate, I believe I may have a small fortune I was not aware of until today.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

What I saw at Midway is actually the going prices on USGI mags. The sale prices that is and not what they are calling retail. Before they were banned (a few still slip by as calling them 10 round) on ebay that was the average price. What makes Midway's better is that what I saw was new in the wrap.

People who want a "correct" mag for their Win, Rock-ola or etc carbine will pay these prices rather than buy groups in hopes of finding the markings they want.

Most of the "new in the wrap" mags I've seen for sale were un-wrapped and the buyer took a gamble as to what they would get. Midway gets right to the point on these.

I understand these are Italian surplus. Italian surplus items I've seen were almost always well maintained so the ones that have been used should be ok, unlike some really ratty GI surplus I got from "Cheaper than Dirt." Of course new in the wrap is new in the wrap and probably worth it at the prices shown, especially if you're looking for a "correct" mag. If I had a IBM or Winchester, for example, I'd probably buy a couple.
    Last edited by Art; 08-14-2022 at 03:37. Reason: Punctuation

4. Default

I shut off Midways email a while back. Could you share what the asking price was , is on the carbine mags?

$24.99 to $59.99, and they are all gone.

Never know what you will find digging through boxes.
    Last edited by Johnny P; 09-26-2022 at 07:14.