Default German M98 rifle?

I been looking for a K09 rifle (have an ad on this site). There is one listed on another web site but the say it is an M98?
    It is dated 1942, (I forget the letter code and cannot check while on this site).
    Is this just a variant of a K98? Very similar?
    Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 1944 date Mauser manufacture (byf) that is marked Mod 98 on the left side of the receiver. While the typical WWII designation was K98k, the Mod 98 was still used as it was the K98k variation of the Model 98.

3. Default

I have a 1944 date Mauser manufacture (byf) that is marked Mod 98 on the left side of the receiver.
    I have one that was cut in half, I made a jig and aligned it and then stuck it back together. I have bolts that work, I doubt I will ever get around to using it.

F. Guffey

Gorilla Glue ?

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

Duct tape !

Blog Entries

JB Weld?

I have one that was cut in half, I made a jig and aligned it and then stuck it back together. I have bolts that work, I doubt I will ever get around to using it.

F. Guffey

I want to check the Headspace...

j.cook in SC
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 05-04-2023 at 11:25.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

8. Default

I want to check the Headspace...
    I have been involved with members of CSP, I have learned to avoid giving them a chance to show off. I have gone to their homes and shops to help them with problems related to something they do not understand. One member had 20+ head space gages, all he wanted was to know the length of the chamber from the datum to the bolt face. With all of his gages all he was able to determine was the bolt would close on a head space gage and the bolt would not close on a no go-gage or a field reject length gage.

I measured the length of his chamber from the datum to the bolt face without a head space gage 3 different ways, I measured the length of the chamber from the datum to the bolt face with a no go-gage and a field reject length gage.

And then I offered to make him a go-gage tool that would measure the length of the chamber from 'go-gage to infinity'. Between us we had 135 Springfield bolts, I OFFERED TO MEASURE THE EFFECT EACH BOLT HAD ON OFFSETTING THE LENGTH OF THE CHAMBER AND i PROMISED HIM i WOULD NOT FIND A BOLT THAT WOULD DECREASE THE LENGTH OF THE CHAMBER.

Replacement bolts came in a box of 2 bolts, both bolts were identical.

F. Guffey

9. Default

And there was a time reloaders would order a bucket of bolts. AND THEN? keep ordering bolts until one fit.

F. Guffey