Default Does CMP North still do rebuilds on 03A3?

Working on a Remington 03A3 acquisition.

If needed does the North CMP still do overhauls' or just the South?

Haven't idea of the barrel, but incase I need to replace.

Last old=timer was my 17 Enfield and that took six nights of bore-soaking [with second bottle of Hoppe's] cleaner and four new brushes to change from dark knarly bore to to defined rifling and shiny bore.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

just the south store, not the north,

north is basically a show room,

re the hoppes and the bore,

get some foaming bore cleaner, all are good,

get a cat food or tuna type can,
    put the muzzle down in the can,

load up the bore with a squirt of the foaming cleaner, (I tried 4 or 5 brands and all worked well, except one that was more like snot than foam, but it still cleaned the bore well, just gooey)

I did 5 1917's that I picked up in an estate last year, all had dirty funky bores, and the foaming cleaners did a great job of getting the funk out of all but one,, and that one had a bore that dark as a sewer pipe, and it did clean up some,,

I did it over a period of a week, giving the barrels a squirt each day then punching them out, followed up the next week with another squirt and sit for a day or so

Blog Entries

just the south store, not the north,

north is basically a show room,

re the hoppes and the bore,

get some foaming bore cleaner, all are good,

get a cat food or tuna type can,
    put the muzzle down in the can,

load up the bore with a squirt of the foaming cleaner, (I tried 4 or 5 brands and all worked well, except one that was more like snot than foam, but it still cleaned the bore well, just gooey)

I did 5 1917's that I picked up in an estate last year, all had dirty funky bores, and the foaming cleaners did a great job of getting the funk out of all but one,, and that one had a bore that dark as a sewer pipe, and it did clean up some,,

I did it over a period of a week, giving the barrels a squirt each day then punching them out, followed up the next week with another squirt and sit for a day or so

Hey lyman, how come all your posts are doubled?