Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Guy from Oklahoma

Greetings all. I can't believe I haven't run across this site before now. Looks like a nice one. Glad to be here. Lance

Hi, there's not as much gun experience here as there use to be but if you have any questions someone will more than likely reply. Due to the current crappy political atmosphere a good bit of talk goes on here as well in that regard. If you read much here you'll soon see who to follow and who not to follow as in any forum.

Welcome aboard.

3. Default

Thanks for the welcome Allen. I've been a Gunboards member for over twenty years and have sadly seen the knowledge base decline there as well over the years. Poking around here I do see some familiar names. Political discussion doesn't bother me at all but I'd rather just talk about guns.

Good to know. Many of us old timers don't seem to shoot as much as before and the younger crowd doesn't seem to have as much interest in them. It may be partly because they don't have a place to shoot like we did.

It sounds like you've come to the right place, just bare with us.

5. Default

I hear you. Even though I live on a farm I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to. I tried to post about a trapdoor carbine this morning but it said I needed moderator approval. The moderator listed (JeffL) looks like he hasn't been active since 2020? My post still hasn't shown up. PM'd Lyman so hopefully he can help me out. Not a good start so far but I'm hanging in there.

Welcome!
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

7. Default

Thanks Liam.

Welcome aboard. I am close to the OK-AR border and do not shoot much anymore. The range at Hobbs State Park has been closed for quite some time. The vandalism of the anti gun folks that are from the liberal University crowd was unimaginable.
    Last edited by RED; 07-23-2022 at 12:32.

9. Default

Nice to meet you Red. I'm SW of OKC about 35 miles so quite a ways from the border. I like Arkansas though. I used to have relatives (now all deceased) in Mena which if memory serves is close to the OK border.

- - - Updated - - -

My trapdoor carbine post finally appeared. Must have been some sort of glitch. All is well. I'm up and running now.

Blog Entries

Welcome from a displaced Okie from OKC, Yukon and El Reno. Remember them as they were 63 yrs ago, only updated from infrequent trips back.