1. Default 1903a4 scope mount

Looking for some info on this Redfield mount. I have seen A4's on line and evidently the original mounts are marked Redfield on the right side rear and have also seen them marked the same way with a patent date on the right side front. Also reading some were unmarked. Wondering about the way this is marked. I am sure this is not an original A4 even though it has an original bolt and receiver. Any info would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 03-A4 shown in the original posting has been through rebuild. On the original 03-A3 rifles the only parts that were Parkerized was the receiver, barrel, and safety with the remainder being blued.

On the 03-A4 the scope base and rings were Parkerized with the screws casehardened.

Notice the difference in the contour of the back of the base and the 03-A4 shown, which has not been through rebuild.

3. Default

Thanks Johnny. I knew this was a rebuild but was questioning the Redfield mount. This has a R in a circle. Wondering if this is a commercial unit or was it ever used in the theater.

Indicating that the rifle had been totally disassembled for rebuild, and base most likely did not come on that rifle or may have been a replacement.

The mount used for telescopic sights on the M1903A4 was the Redfield Junior which is easy to find on line. Leupold bought Redfield a few years back and I believe an identical mount is still in production by Leupold. Current production mounts would need a bit of modification to fit.
    Last edited by Art; 07-22-2022 at 05:50.

If you just need a base they are easy to find, but if you want one to restore a rifle to original configuration you need the one with REDFIELD spelled out as show in the photo I posted. The R in a circle is post WWII.